1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Russell Hussell

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, Feb 24, 2021.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

If we're talking trading away a ton of picks for Watson why not go all in on Russell Wilson. The man is a clutch badass, and he has a bunch of playoff wins and a ring that Watson does not have.

The shithawks would apparently want to start the bidding at three 1st rounders

AP
    >>>>>If teams are willing to sacrifice that many first-round picks for Wilson, they should be well-assured that their franchise will be making the playoffs with him leading the way.

The Seahawks have missed the playoffs only once since Wilson took over the starting gig in 2012.

A trade most likely won’t happen this offseason for Wilson, but something could happen next year if things don’t get fixed in Seattle<<<<<

Who would be interested in Russ? I would so much rather have this Wilson than the BYU rookie.

2. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Right up front, Seattle says the conversation starts w 3 first rounders. And Russell is 32 already, at least I think

3. rake

rake Need one of these

Brady was 32 too . .. about 20 years ago!
    Hey it’s all about your wife.
    Both tommy and russ have hot health conscious wives who are determined to keep their men in good enough shape to play (and make that damn money) until they’re 50 something

4. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I love Russ but he's only got 5-6 years left and that's not worth the asking price.

5. rake

rake Need one of these

I agree with you there

6. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Only concern I'd have with russ is age. he's used to operating behind terrible lines. Seattle might bw the one team that sees cmc as more than a consolation prize given Pete's hard on for the run game.

keep in mind Watson is presumably satisfied with his deal but Russ is gonna want a big pay bump if Seattle deals him.

7. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

At this point, I'd rather build up the roster until a franchise quarterback is available for less than a king's randsome. Make the team appealing for a guy like Rodgers or Wilson when they hit free agency. A big reason Brady chose Tampa is because of a playoff-ready roster. It took them a long time to nail QB, but it was worth the wait.

No one is going to take on Bridgewater's contract, so I would designate him as a post June 1 cut, which would net ~5 million in savings. Then I would sign a bridge quarterback with a penis like Fitzpatrick - an aggressive gunslinger who could spark the offense. I actually like Walker and I see him as a younger version of this. I would keep Grier on the practice squad because I still want to fuck his wife.

This draft is a great opportunity to build a young, dominant offensive line. That's the next best thing to having an elite quarterback.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    PantherPaul and morningwood like this.
  8. cmichd08

cmichd08 Junior Member

Wilson is 32 and was drafted in 2012 a year after Cam. He is worth this years 1st round and a trade with maybe a 2nd next year I am sorry he hasn't done much after he lost the Super Bowl to NE. It is not about what you done it is what you are doing for me today. I think with our group of receivers he would make them dog catching puppies and we would be a terror on the offensive side, but 3 1st round. This isn't the movie "DRAFT DAY."

9. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Wilson is an elite at his position and he would be an amazing fit here. I would just wait a year or two for the price to fall. Even with a Wilson, I don't see Carolina in a position to challenge Tampa Bay right now.

If FittereRhule (TM) plays their cards right, we can be a legitimate Super Bowl contender by '23.

10. rake

rake Need one of these

Fuck yes, these things!

10 additions:

Parsons
    A tall CB
    Two OTs
    One Interior OL
    DL

FA DT, FA S, FA WR

BRISSETT damnit!

2022 - Add Russ Wilson, upgrade a couple more spots and GO SBing!!