1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Russell Hussell

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, Feb 24, 2021.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

yeah it makes sense in that TB will be OUT and a vet needs to replace him at least for the 2021 season. There is no one equal to or better than TB on the roster. Yes i’m aware that they want a FT upgrade. Apparently they really want Watson and they couldn’t even win a bid for Stafford. Therefore, what vet will come in (THAT THEY CAN AFFORD) if even for a year? You know when teddy played well as a Saint he had nothing to lose and everything to gain (auditioning for $$$$ another team). Brissett for a year (much like ted) could be in that “audition mode” and the damn guy can still ball.
    Now if you’re still seeing zeros then you’re beyond my help

2. Schwantz34

Schwantz34 Full Access Member

I will say with confidence Brissett isn't coming to Carolina.

We'll see won't we. I may be wrong. Time will tell but I'm confident it doesn't happen.

3. rake

rake Need one of these

I know, and it's a pretty horrendous look. Their first big move and it is chalked up as "one of the worst signings in carolina history" (at least according to one "journalist" recently). I completely agree with you dig. A shitty defense set him up for uphill sledding game after game. Enough of that would put most in a deep funk.
    Just like cam TB was expected to just suck it up and carry the entire team. . .. way too much to ask. Then the pressure of way too much stupid cash being heaped on him. .. Ted was dead early on and when he realized there would be no wealth to talent and depth support (like there was in NO) there was nothing to do but throw late desperation balls and recklessly try and reach over goal lines. I believe now that they WILL finally address the O-line and strengthen the porous D, so whoever will be replacing teddy will have a better shot at success.

4. rake

rake Need one of these

yes we'll see, but just because it may not happen doesn't mean it shouldn't

5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I think the only way Brissett comes to Carolina is if we trade Teddy away first.

6. Schwantz34

Even then I'd say it's unlikely.

7. Schwantz34

I still don't think it should.

8. rake

rake Need one of these

Just let poor teddy go (with all that $$$$). That shit is ruined so regroup and keep from reaching. If you can't get a very solid long-term QB signed then bring in Brissett, Fitz, SOMEBODY with juice who will sign a low enough 1 year deal. Wait for a better possible franchise guy to be attainable next year.
    Draft:
    #8 Parsons or Farley (trade down if possible!)
    #39 Cox or Bolton (if Farley@8), Best OT available (if Parsons)
    #73 if no CB yet take best available (Taylor or similar tall press corner) (if Farley@8) Best OT available
    #104 Should have 3 day one guys at CB, ILB, and OT, so just take best available with remaining picks at either D-line, O-line, or secondary.
    Free Agency:
    DT Tomlinson NYG, Harris Den, Rankins NO, hopefully could afford to sign one of those three fucks to replace Short
    Still would like C/G Skura Bal, or OT Hurst NO
    Two of the above (total) is probably all they could swing
    We all know that we really need a replacement ASAP at Mike to replace Luke but no help on the horizon that I can see there

Look I'm not running for President and being vague and stating the obvious is boring, I'm trying to come up with specific moves for improving something that needs improvement. Until you start doing the same don't piss on my paperwork and expect me to lap it up. Offer up some of your detailed potential improvements ya bitches!

9. Schwantz34

I've already laid out what I think about trading back making most sense, in previous posts :biggthumpup:

10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I'd love to have darnold so long as it doesn't cost us this years #1. Draft a left tackle to protect our qb when he is