1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

My Local Money league

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Forum' started by PantherPaul, Jul 24, 2008.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

No Keepers
    Scoring is as follows
    • 4 points for TD throw and a point for every 25 yards pasing
    • 6 points for TD run or catch and 1 point for every 10 yards receiving or running

I draft fucking 10th of 12 team league. Snake draft so I draft 10th then again 15. Who will be there?

In no particular order
    1. LT'
    2. Peterson
    3. Gore
    4. Brady
    5. Manning
    6. McGeehee
    7. Westbrook
    8. S. Jackson
    9. Addai
    10. L. Johnson
    11. Moss
    12. TO

Rank them or add someone else with an arguement

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

LT
    Brady
    Moss
    Westbrook
    L. Johnson
    Fitzgerald
    Manning
    Wayne
    Addai
    Owens
    Peterson
    C. Johnson

That changes, though, if your roster set-up is unusual. If you use 3 RBs or 2 RBs & a flex, then all RBs get a bump and every other position goes down a bit.

3. PantherPaul

Traditional 2 RB/2WR or 1 RB 3 WR lineups

Peterson that far down? That's a first. CHad Johnson fucked me all over the place last year. I'll take TJ Houshmanzadah any day over him

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

I think of the traditional format as being 2 RB/3 WR, but in yours I'd bump the wide receivers down a bit since you'll usually only use two. I'd probably move Manning up to the spot behind Westbrook, so hopefully he lasts to you at #10.
    Chester Taylor is still there and the Vikings still don't have much of a passing game. Without those two things, yeah, he'd be second overall, but they're going to have an effect. It's not wise to expect him to get 224 yards against the Bears again, or 296 against the Chargers. Take those games away and he averaged 68 yards a game. Even if you bump him up to 80 and assume that he plays all sixteen games, that only gets him to 1280 rushing yards. Since Taylor gets most of the action in the passing game, that's not going to be enough to justify a top 5 selection.

5. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Every league I have ever been in has awarded 6 for TD passes. I was in PPR league last year where sacks were not deducted, and you got 1/2 a point for a completion. I might take Brady or Manning no matter where i fall in the first round.

sorry I rambled on, but I go in with no plan, I have a plan four picks ahead of me, cause you never know what's going to happen in front of you. Sounds dumb, I know.

6. PantherPaul

No way Brady, Peterson, LT or Westbrook make it out of 1-5. I am thinking/hoping for either Moss/Manning, Jackson or Addai

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

If you don't get Manning at #10, I would at least think about Palmer at #15, although chances are that he will make it back to #34.

8. MikeNinerHunt

That's way too early for Palmer, 15. 34 wouldn't be bad, or getting Big Ben or Matt Hasselback.

Whether you go RB or QB at 10, I'd get a top dog WR at 15.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

WR isn't that important if they generally only start two guys. You still want the elite guys, but if you can get equal or better talent at QB or RB, then there will be plenty of WRs available later on.

10. MikeNinerHunt

True. I'm one of the few leagues I know of that does one starting QB, 2 RB, 3 WR and a flex. That third reciever makes a difference, especially in a PPR.