1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WFNZ Ratings

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by RealMcCoy, May 8, 2009.

1. RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy Full Access Member

In the latest ratings FNZ is off from last year by 14% overall and off by 25% in the male 25-54 demographic (their key demo). The station is only ahead of 3 Spanish language stations and an oldies station located in Lexington. Looks like the new lineup is not working.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Best thing they could do is dump the local shit (or get real folks other than John Boy and Billy Lite) and go all Fox Sports and get Czaben back

3. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Please God, PLEASE dump the local hicks. They are AWFUL ( especially MAC ). They know next to nothing about sports, and waste time on stupid impressions and sound effects. Go all FOX or ESPN national, or bring in a real host ( like Czaben) who actually knows sports.

Until this city offers a real sports radio option, it's ESPN radio on line for me.

Listening to MAC is the equivalent to listening to a 4th grader spout on about his favorite team all day. Simply awful.

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I turned Mac's show off again this morning while getting ready for work. His athsmatic laughing at nothing is unbearable. Also, why does he think those stupid "Dirty Cooking" segments are funny? I doubt a 13 yr. old would find humor in it.

There's no way Frank and Buc can be in the future plans. Four hours of murdering the English language is brutal. I only listen to them if I go out for lunch, but I usually end up switching over to Cowherd.

5. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Agreed. Using 'sound effects' confirms that they don't have anything worthwhile to say. I wish someone would toss the sound effect machines out onto South Blvd.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I wonder what the cost is of syndicating Fox Sports or ESPN 24/7 verses what their paying Pacman and the rest of the local stooges?

7. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Hell, even Sporting News' lineup of degenerate gamblers talking sports lines (remember Arnie Spanier?) would be better than the chucklefucks they currently have working there.

My friends look at me in shock when I tell them I don't listen to sports talk anymore. I used to be an 18-hour a day habit. I even listened to Jim Rome when they ran it on tape delay overnight.

I'd do anything to get Rome back, I subscribed to his show online for a bit but listening to the show without music and a day late I found wasn't worth the $7 a month it cost.

I'll just listen to old Stern on my ipod without commercials until the situation improves.

8. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Actually I'd leave Mac on there and dump everything else. Packer included. That's not saying I totally back Mac. First of all he needs to be taken off the morning drive and moved back to his old lunch time slot. He's sorta that mid day clown that is kinda corny and you laugh AT him for about 5 mins while going to get your lunch, but in the morning he's a bit more than I like to deal with.

Garcia dn Buckner are horrible. Packer is starting to remind me of his father. An old whining fart.

9. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

What I love (read: can't stand) about Packer is his total dismissiveness of any sports-related conversation based on speculation.

"Hey PackMan, what do you think about John Wall? Think he'll be any good in college?"

"I don't know! We'll just have to wait and see! I mean, who knows??"

"Hey Packer, who can the Panthers draft with the first overall pick in the draft?"

"Hey man who knows? You never know who could be there! It's all a crapshoot anyway wake me up when they play the games!"

"Hey Packer, who you got in the playoff game this weekend?"

"Who knows my man? I don't know! It's crazy, anything can happen! Thanks for the call!"

The guy is a black hole of sports conversation. Conversation goes there to die. It's really sad how uninformative his show is at times. If I wanted to listen to two rednecks talk about what they don't know about sports I'd go to a bar and find the guys with NCSU caps on and buy them a beer. Do your fucking job and have an opinion about something Packer.

10. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

:agreed:

HEY :mad:

Fuck. You.