1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Things I liked and things I hated: Preseason Week One

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Things I liked:

- The routes. I think we ran two or three drag routes a year under Shula. I saw several last night. I liked the quick screens. I'm hopeful that the vast improvement at OC can mitigate the losses on the offensive line.

- Moton was alright in limited action.

- Aside from 2003, depth at WR might be at an all time organizational high, despite the lack of a true #1. Wright has been terrific all offseason and shined last night. Samuel looked like a different player. DJ showed off his RAC prowess. I'm not 100% convinced Torrey Smith will make the team.

- McCaffrey banging it up the middle at the goal line is pretty exciting.

- Vander Esch

- Doss. I fucking told you. Pay me a salary, Tepper.

- The Carter. I really like The Carter. He's awkward in coverage, but if we can smooth that out a bit, we might have a future starter at sam linebacker.

- The backup quarterbacks were far better in a game than they've been in camp. I want to see it more than once before I stop shaking my fist for DA, but regardless, it's nice to see something positive. Heinicke is the best fit. He appears to have the arm and mobility to operate in this system. If he can develop into a Poor Man's Keenum/Rich Man's Siemien, that would be fine I guess. I'd still expect us to make a trade if something catastrophic happens to Cam.

Things I hated:

- Everything I saw from the defense for 2 1/2 quarters. Just abysmal stuff on all three levels. The starters, the transitional starter/backup unit, and the backups should all be ashamed of themselves. I don't give a shit that it's the first preseason game. You've had an entire offseason to prepare for this, and you go out and make two, below average players look like Drew Brees. Pathetic. I want these losers on the field for three quarters next week as punishment.

- Seymour. Again, I fucking told you. I told you last season. I told you during OTAs. I told you during training camp. And now, I'm telling you again: KEVON SEYMOUR SUCKS. He's not even Worley. He's Melvin White/Josh Thomas/Robert McClain. He's a stopgap, roster filling player. He's had no business working as the incumbent all offseason. Those are valuable reps we could have been giving to Jackson. Pay me a motherfucking salary, Tepper.

- Matt Kalil.

- Having CJ Anderson in the game in the 4th quarter is moronic. If he got hurt, everyone would be acknowledging this. The fact that he didn't get hurt doesn't make it less moronic.

- Gauldin. Learn how to tackle. You can't do it on your heels, boy. You want to be a man? Learn how to fucking tackle. Bend those knees and wrap. Southward or Parms will be happy to take your job if you don't want it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

99CB8F04-E438-40A8-B02A-1B4CFFEC672E.jpeg

Black&Black likes this.
  3. Black&Black

Pay me a god damn salary.

Bull Moose likes this.
  4. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

3A700CBB-9C72-4ACD-9E86-CB945C14F88C.gif

Black&Black likes this.
  5. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

Here’s ESPN’s own:

5554076B-7E62-45B2-9486-59440BE06643.jpeg

6. Black&Black

Let's see how "inspired" he looks in November, in freezing rain, when the Bills are 3-7.

7. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

DA0B6BDC-1A0F-4394-8CDA-9A901C545310.jpeg

8. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

Thanks for you recap, B&B. I work second shift and didn't see the game. What I did see, however, was the flash message of the halftime score. I thought there was some mistake, but obviously not. How does the defense shit the bed against that offense, regardless of pre-season or regular? And is Hall injured? If not, did he play?

And did Buffalo run through our d-line/backers? Thanks again for thoughts and recap.

Bull Moose likes this.
  9. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

There was no tackling at all. Pathetically, scarily BAD.

Coach Micool likes this.
  10. Black&Black

Bad tackling, blown coverages, no pass rush. The defense legitimately looked either unprepared for, or completely disinterested in, playing a football game last night. The deep reserves played great, which is small consolation, obviously. It was pretty disturbing. Buffalo likely would have been up 24-7 had it not been for the fluke interception by Shaq.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018