1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Should new Panthers Stadium be built in Pineville (NC51 @ NC/SC Stateline)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by sds70, Jan 19, 2018.

Would you like to see a new Panthers Stadium built outside of Pineville (NC51 at NC/SC Stateline)?

1. Si!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100.0%
  1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

http://www.wcnc.com/article/sports/...ina-panthers-stadium-could-be-built/506618541

Rumor has it that a potential Sabates/Smith/France Panthers ownership group would want to build a new stadium at NC51 at the NC/SC Stateline outside of Pineville . . . . At over 200 acres, I'm sure the entire complex would be like Patriots Place (in Foxborough; home of NFL Patriots) and The Battery (in Cobb County GA outside of ATL; new homes for MLB Braves); A mega development of stadium/residential/commerical where folks can eat/stay/play . . . . .

A buddy of mine from CT who had Patriots season tix for years said after games it would take 2 hours just to go from Gillette Stadium parking lot back to I-95!!! A Pineville Panthers/NFL Stadium would be 15 mins. from my house but getting to/from there on game day would be a mega uber mess . . . I can only imagine how bad traffic jams would be on I-77 :( :( !!!!!!

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I'm in favor of anything that keeps the Carolina Panthers in Carolina. The other shit, I'm happy to sort through as I go.

3. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

1DAD11FD-2416-4469-8D19-9C2E8C24516B-1659-000000BBA9E94F40.jpeg

sds70 and Black&Black like this.
  4. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

That’s a terrible idea.

5. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Who would pay for it? Would anyone who currently owns a psl be jilted and/or have to pay again, or simply own a psl in a stadium that the only rights to seats for a team that doesn't play there anymore.

It would likely be bad for any current or future psl funded endeavour.

6. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

There's enough time to iron out all of these issues. You guys are acting like this stadium will be built next week and the team will be playing there in September.

7. sds70

FSMB would only be a short 5 minute drive from the Pineville Stadium site :) :) . . .

8. sds70

I think current PSLs are only good as long as team plays at BoA . . . A new stadium would result in new PSLs having to be bought (see MB Stadium in ATL) . . . . But I wonder if BoA was torn down and rebuilt (i.e. Metrodome > US BankStadium for Vikings) would new PSLs be charged ? ? ? Hmmmmm . . .

9. sds70

Why do I think the eventual option would be to tear down BoA and build a new stadium at the same site (i.e. Metrodome > US BankStadium for the Vikings) . .. It looks like there is enough room at the current stadium to build a fixed roof stadium (i.e. US Bank Stadium O-R LUCAS OIL STADIUM) with the field running North/South vs. East/West like it currently does . .

10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

The most desirable thing is to have enough room for parking as another revenue stream. KC has one parking lot for both Chiefs and royals. Uptown land is stupid expensive but if a new stadium is in the works that would be cool