1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jaycee Horn

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by tharan000, Jun 2, 2023.

1. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

Jackson Kreuger has been putting out a lot of content lately. But like a lot of the people doing this content, he doesn't actually know anything about the team he is covering other than a few highlights. The actual fans who watch every play of every game of every season are WAY more statistically relevant in their overall opinion.

That being said, this guy does put together a decent tape for JC Horn. He even covers the interception from Geno Smith where Horn switches his coverage from DK Metcalf over to Tyler Lockett and gets the pick. That was sick.

From a fan's perspective, how good is Jaycee Horn?

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Content creators generally do a fine job of breaking this stuff down, but assuming very specific assignments for players is one of my only peeves. This isn't Madden where the players do exactly what they're supposed to do on every single play. Very often, football players do the wrong thing with a positive or neutral result.

This particular guy seems like a bit of a goober. I'm not even sure what he's trying to articulate around the 4 min mark. Horn maintains outside leverage on because he has help inside. Why does this need to be 25% of his video breakdown, exactly?

CoachMcFly likes this.
  3. CoachMcFly

CoachMcFly Full Access Member

THIS is the essence of what football REALLY is in my mind. The X's and O's on a whiteboard don't always move the way you expect or by design. However, the X's and O's are the initial blueprint or rough draft of a plan of attack.
    The references to battle and war are warranted. Coaches (Officers) plan, Players (Soldiers) execute and adapt the planning real time.
    At it's core, football is about action and reaction. Once the offense snaps the ball that action makes the defense react, then the offense alters in reaction to the defense...at this point all the plans are out and both are reacting on instinct.

Sorry... lengthy response...but it triggered my desire to constantly simplify this complex game.

DogBoy and Black&Black like this.
  4. Black&Black

Yeah, football is messy.

It's one of the reasons why I don't take the analytics crowd too seriously. Shit that seems practical on paper from an engineering standpoint is much harder to implement in reality, where you have 22 different minds on a field.

CoachMcFly likes this.
  5. tharan000

But is JC Horn any good?

What is a woman?

6. Black&Black

Jaycee Horn is a good cornerback, with the potential to become elite, but his injury history is already a red flag. I'm also concerned about his fit in a new system which defaults to cushion corners. He'd probably be best in a press man scheme (which Snow was starting to impliment here).

A woman is an adult human female.

7. tharan000

Will Bud Light turn us gay?

8. rake

rake Need one of these

Yes, he is damn good . .. when healthy

A woman? "Think of a man, then take away reason and accountability"

tharan000 likes this.
  9. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

general trend analysis like "punt less" is good though overblown compared to other sports with more games per season.

PFFs player grades don't sit well with me especially on line stuff cause we don't know the adjustments and it's all subjective grading at some level.

I've got some love for footballoutsiders cause they seem to readily acknowledge how little they really know but also do non stats analysis.

I do think pfr career a/v is an okay comparison stat too.

Black&Black likes this.
  10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Canes didn't need Piss Light to turn him gay