1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Is this a mental problem?

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine Forum' started by Juvana123, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Juvana123

Juvana123 Junior Member

Hi, my son is suffering from a strange disorder. I am really worried about this. He pulls hair from his head. During the initial times, I thought that it's just for a kidding. But gradually, I understood that it became his habit. I advised and punished him several times for this. Then, I understood that he needs treatment for this. I asked about this to our family doctor. He told me that it is a condition known as trichotillomania. One repetitively pulls the hair from one's scalp, face or anywhere on the body and results in hair loss. And some people ingest the pulled hair or part of the pulled hair. I heard this for the first time. He suggested me a clinic in Toronto for undergoing trichotillomania treatment. I am planning to take him there. But before that, I would like to know whether this condition is completely curable. Is this a mental disorder? One of my friends told me that it is a mental disorder. I am worried whether this will affect his future. If anybody knows about this, please share your replies.

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

He's unlikely to have any friends or any value on the sexual marketplace, but otherwise, it shouldn't hinder his development.