1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Is Gary Williams gone on WFNZ?

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by francois.nc, Jan 23, 2009.

1. francois.nc

francois.nc Junior Member

I just heard they are making lineup changes to the station. Mac is moving to the AM with Jim, then Garcia and Buckner get the old Mac time slot with the addition of Riley and Yarbs from the morning show. However I see no mention anywhere of Gary.

I really like that guy, and think he keeps the boat afloat on the current morning show.

Bummed...

2. udontknowme

udontknowme Full Access Member

I couldn't stand the Morning show in general, but Gary Williams added a little legitimacy, because even though he sounded like an uppity sport geek, he at least had a clue about sports unlike Celenia. How on earth that guy has any job in sports let alone keeps a job while Williams gets fired blows my mind. Assuming Williams was fired. I'd much rather listen to Mac's schtick and decent sports topics than the current show.

http://www.wfnz.com/pages/3715407.php

3. RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy Full Access Member

This new lineup is going to suck. How much more of Frank and Buck are we going to have to put up with? Are they going to continue on Primetime as well as doing their 5 hours from 10-3? That show needs some new blood as cohosts. I am going to miss the Morning Sports Page. Mac/Celania will not be as good. I will have to listen to Czaban in the mornings over the net.

4. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Is this the new WFNZ Lineup? Awwwwww (*&%$#(#&%)# !!!!!

Celania & Maclain in the AM? That's not going to work >:-( >:-( !!!!!! I can tolerate Celania with Williams because at least Gary tries to keep the show on track . I can see Chris & Jim talking over each other for 4 hours . . . Yikes :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4 hours of Frank & Buck? During football season that's fine, but I don't see how they are going to do well during the offseason. They are good guests host, but not show hosts IMHO.

THE BOTTOM LINE: Smells like to me another round of CBS Radio layoffs, Gary probably had the 2nd highest salary at WFNZ next to Packman . . . . Pretty much now its Packman and then some scrubs . . . Why can't FOX RADIO setup an affiliate here :-( :-( ? ? ? ? I wish I had the WFNZ from 10 years ago (Czaban, Penner, 'Flashboy' Metaparrel, Chuck Howard, Ethan Horton). This is a very weak local lineup that WFNZ is getting ready to unleash to the public . . .

Let's try this lineup . . .

6-10am: Solarte & Celania
    10am-Noon: Bill Rozinski w/Frank & Buck (should've never been droppped from WFNZ . . . I think Bill could help carry Frank & Buck along outside of Football season)
    Noon-3pm: Jim Rome (yesssssss, bring him back to add some national sports to the lineup)
    3-7pm: Primetime

Alternate: 6-9am: Czaban's FOX Morning Show, 9am-Noon: Bill Rozinski, Noon-3pm: Jim Rome, 3-7pm Primetime

5. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

Sirius, any damn show is better than anything FNZ has to offer.

6. fastlane22

fastlane22 Full Access Member

If this is true then Im done with FNZ. The page is the only thing worth listening to becasue of how well Gary and Jim work together. Frank, Buc and Mac are unlistenable and I hate Pac's show with his high horse know it all attitude and the pathetic qcb. Im been putting it off but I guess its time to get sat radio.

7. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Charlotte Sports Talk Radio lol

What a fucking joke.

8. RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy Full Access Member

Gary is moving up in the world. I found that he has a Facebook page under 'Gary Williams WFNZ'. Here is the update from that site:

a group dedicated to the fans of Gary Williams.. host of 6-10 am on Sirius Satellite and XM satellite Radio!!!! it'll be on the Mad Dog Channel
    XM channel 144
    Sirius Channel 123

9. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Good for Gary, bad for FNZ. They lost the only decent sports talk guy at the station.

Packman's redneck schtick is getting just as old as Vallancourt's pool schtick, he needs to change up his tired format.

10. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

I might listen on the way to work for laughs. See if he bashes his last job and how pathetic it was to work local sports talk radio.

I guess he won't be hosting Lutz Live now, he's probably thanking God he got out of that one.