1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Grouping the 32 NFL teams

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, May 19, 2021.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

This is not necessarily a power ranking, but a sorting of teams based on a deeper roster appraisal.

On The Clock:

Houston Texans

Yeah, it's basically Laremy Tunsil and a giant mound of shit.

Rebuilding: Phase One:

NY Jets
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Detroit Lions
    Atlanta Falcons

Teams that are basically starting from scratch with new systems. Of the five, Atlanta is the interesting wildcard. Pitts is going to be a matchup weapon for Ryan, and Dean Peas typically gets the most out of his defensive roster. I like the hires of Robert Salah and Dan Campbell. Urban Meyer in the NFL seems absurd on it's face, but they'll obviously be fascinating to watch.

Rebuilding - Phase Two

Cincinnati Bengals
    Carolina Panthers

Both teams bottomed out. Both teams are emerging with a core of talented, young players. It's probably a year early for either team to make a playoff push, but I like the trajectory.

Gilded Cuckolds

Denver Broncos
    Las Vegas Raiders
    Dallas Cowboys
    NY Giants

All of these franchises have tradition and Super Bowl victories, which is enviable, but they all lack any coherent direction in 2021. The Cowboys and Giants have some theoretical playoff hope because of their awful division, but I don't see another Lombardi Trophy anywhere in sight for these celebrated clubs. Denver, though, would obviously get a huge bump if Rodgers somehow ends up their starting quarterback.

Playoff Fringe

Philadelphia Eagles
    Washington FT
    Miami Dolphins
    Los Angeles Chargers
    New England Patriots

I think Philly was an anomaly last year. They have too many good players to be anywhere close to 4-11-1 again. All of these teams are probably hoping for playoffs, but won't make wholesale changes if they come up short.

I came close to classifying Belichick as a Gilded Cuckold, but their roster has improved and his body of work deserves the benefit of the doubt for one more year.

Fuck or Walk

Minnesota Vikings
    Chicago Bears

Teams that will likely make wholesale changes if they miss the playoffs.

Playoff Expectant

Tennessee Titans
    Arizona Cardinals
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Indianapolis Colts
    San Francisco 49era

I don't think anyone here is really on the hot seat, but it gets warmer if they don't deliver in 2021.

Playoff Run

Seattle Seahawks
    New Orleans Saints

These teams likely expect to reach the postseason and win a game, at minimum. The clock is ticking for both, in different ways. I think it's implied that Wilson is winding down his Seattle tenure, and even though the Saints are still stacked, their cap situation will make it impossible to keep that nucleus together beyond 2022.

Super Bowl Run

Cleveland Browns
    Los Angeles Rams
    Baltimore Ravens
    Buffalo Bills
    Green Bay Packers
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

All of these teams are aiming for a Super Bowl run . A division title and conference championship appearance, at minimum.

brandonray99 and Coach Micool like this.
  2. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Nice work BB

3. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

4. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Packers should be dropped from Super Bowl Run level until they prove they aren't massive frauds.

5. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

It's a stacked roster, but you're right about the bad big game/playoff juju. GB and Baltimore are probably the two in that category under the most scrutiny.

The Ravens might be in the Fuck Or Walk echelon the more I look at it.