1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Free Agent Quarterbacks - Ranked in Tiers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Hello. Happy Three Day Weekend, if you're lucky enough to be off tomorrow.

With the official start of free agency less than three weeks away, let’s take a look at the most important, coveted position in the sport. Keep in mind, this list does not include possible trade targets, such as Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson.

Tier 1 – Elite

N/A

Yeah, no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning this year. Sorry.

Tier 2 – Starter/Potential Starter

Jameis Winston
    Marcus Mariota
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Teddy Bridgewater

Winston and Mariota, the #1 and #2 overall selections of the 2015 draft, are now the concensus Options A/B on the free agent market. Fitzpatrick was widely regarded as the best “bridge QB” a year ago, but his stock is down after missing a full season due to injury. Teddy Bridgewater’s extensive, sometimes successful experience as a starter – Mariota is the only other player on this list to start a playoff game – pushes him into this echelon, but his physical limitations are plainly obvious by now.

Tier 3 – Backup/Rotational Player

Mitch Trubisky
    Andy Dalton
    Tyrod Taylor
    Jacoby Brissett
    Cam Newton
    Chad Henne
    Colt McCoy
    Chase Daniel
    Geno Smith
    Trevor Siemien

Trubisky might have enough on his resume to warrant “potential starter” status, but for now, this is his appropriate plateau. He seems like a logical fit for the Giants, who just hired his Buffalo coordinator, Brian Daboll. New York has shown faith in Daniel Jones, but Trubisky may offer some sneaky competition/insurance.

Read More
    https://theblackandblue.football/20...ew-ranking-all-of-the-available-quarterbacks/

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I'd eat a bowl of shit if geno Smith signs with us

brandonray99 likes this.
  3. Black&Black

I don't see why that would happen, especially with his younger counterpart still under contract.

4. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Mariota is the best available but his time in Oakland made everyone forget he gets hurt all the time.

Teddy is the best choice for a solid but limited guy but that bridge might have been burnt down forever by the rush to get Darnold. New Orleans will probably welcome him back for the same pilot the trashfire job we have here but with competent offensive minds.

I guess it depends on how it shakes out in the mountains but drew lock is the same high/ lows you get with Winston with less baggage and more "upside" for everyone to bite on. Too bad that would take a trade.

5. Black&Black

Yeah, defensive minded coaches still like the QBs like Bridgewater, so I could see him being Dennis Allen's guy.

6. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

Ranked in tears would be ‘more better’ as my buddy from India says.