1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Coach Fox on Weinke.........

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Apr 4, 2002.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

From Panthers.com:

On how quarterback Chris Weinke threw the ball during mini-camp: I think he was a little bit inconsistent, but a lot of that you could attribute to a new offense, a new language and some of the things that we are asking of him, and he had a little discomfort. I thought he finished up a lot better. He started off a little slow, and as he got more comfortable, I thought he executed well.

On Weinke's right shoulder: We will have our doctors and trainers take a look at it and get some medical tests on it and see where it stands. If there is anything we can do to take away any of the discomfort, we will make that move as fast as possible. At this point, it doesn't seem like it is anything overly serious or anything that will hamper him for the upcoming season.

On how Weinke's health could affect the Panthers draft plans: Not at all. We are going to take the best player available for us with our pick in the draft, whether that's a quarterback or any of the other positions that we are in need of. We will make that decision and we've got a couple of weeks to get that done.

2. boo-urns

boo-urns Guest

doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to me. he might be bluffing so some team will trade up to get Harrington.

3. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

I think that is the case, he is trying to get more picks for less money.
    I wouldn't cry if we got Harrington, but Wienke deserves a shot at his soph campaign if healthy.

4. I hope Boo-urns is right and someone does trade-up to get Harrington. I think our needs our greater than QB, if Weinke has the surgery and is ready for the 2nd mini-camp.

In regard to the #2 QB slot, maybe Fox will wait until June and see if there are any cap-based releases, and bring in some more competition for Lytle. Watching Matt at Pitt, I'd hoped for more than his effort against the Rams. He couldn't do much worse (could he?).

I was with McFly on being a Craig fan - even though Magnus & Collin kept providing insight on why he wouldn't make it. Heck, I even had hope for Jeff Lewis (until the Raven pre-season melt-down).

5. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

And here I thought I was the only one that saw ANYTHING in Craig. LOL!

6. Piper

Piper Guest

Hey, remember Piper was one of those “haters” as well.I hope DC is renting in DC. Sounds like Sage is the lead “dog” out of the pack.

7. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

I certainly hope Rosenfels proves me right! At least, I'd be 50/50 between the 2 of them. I honestly think Sage is going to surprise some people. He won't be great, but he could easily be a Jake Plummer type of QB, but not quite as shifty. He'll likely be the type of QB that isn't going to win games by himself, but won't lose them either.