1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

3D Televisions

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by PantherPaul, Jan 4, 2011.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I am thinking of going 3D and have heard folks mention that 3D televisions now have different glass than ones that will come out soon? That newer ones will not have similar "glass" that would fail faster? Does that make sense?

2. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

I've heard of newer 3D sets that allow one to use the cheap glasses rather than the expensive ones people have to buy now. Personally don't think 3D is here to stay. The "3D" experience doesn't seem to translate from the theater to the home, the glasses are annoying, and there is little 3D programming. Of course, new technologies could change all that. Best of luck in your 3D TV quest.

3. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

I've read in several places that 3D isn't selling strong enough to justify doing a whole lot with it. Until it becomes more popular, most of the tv networks are going to hold off on it. I can see it fading away over the next couple of years easier than I can see it sticking and becoming the new norm, like HD.

4. cmmguy

cmmguy *

It is trendier than a hoola-hoop... You would be better to spend your money on the 4 color LED from Sharp.

5. fostermutizwa

fostermutizwa Junior Member

This article is targeted toward people looking for an introduction to modern 3D TV technology.3D works a lot like our eyes work.The left and the right eye view the same image from a slightly different perspective.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011