1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

You're all Jerry Richardson's Bitches

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Brain, Jan 4, 2011.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

and you don't even realize it.

*Basically everyone here has said for weeks "we don't want another Coordinator" etc.

Richardson says "we want a coordinator because they're in the playoffs"

Well no shit technically all coaches were an assistant at one point.

*Richardson says we cut salary this year and wouldn't hire another coach while Fix's staff was still there because its a business and he was hurting and he knows people don't like ticket prices going up.

You all say well that makes sense.

WTF?!?! Ticket prices went up anyways? This man must know magic, because you all and the sports radio announcers and everyone in the room bent to his will. No one asked why Hurney was still here after the dumb assed moves he's made. We're gonna be stuck with Russ Grimm and trade down to maximize the number of picks we have because "we have more needs than just one position. I'm pissed at this PC and I'm not sure why more of you aren't.

2. FAN01

FAN01 Full Access Member

I still would love Harbough but I understand why JR is making the decision he is to get a assistant.

Yes, everyone was an assistant at some point but you know he means they want an HC who has strong NFL experience as a coordinator. The rising star. That tells me that would probably not hire a an old coach or a guy from college but it's not completely ruled out.

To the money issue, the business is going to make decisions that best work for the business. Doesn't mean that I as a fan am going to like it and agree with it but if I put myself in his shoes I can see his reasoning.

Many complain about Hurney when a move blows up in his face but he's also made some great moves. There are plenty of people who think he's done/doing a good job.

3. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

Hm, Mr. Richardson, you hired all the previous coaches so part of the "blame" falls on you right? So why should we expect a "better choice" this time?

4. Skidmark

Skidmark Full Access Member

I saw contradictions throughout. Bottom line? This was an embarassment when we needed a boost. We won 2 games this year? Don't draw pie charts and tell me you held on to a coach to keep from paying another as evidence that you are not cheap. We just lost our 14th game. The fact that you mentioned Pittsburgh and ticket prices and the CBA and blasted reporters was not good timing. Need confirmation? Watch it again and pay attention to the GM and the President's faces. They were uncomfortable and a bit stunned.

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

According to what I am reading today and what I already knew JR cut a bunch of our vets and basically forced Fox to play a bunch of young inexperienced guys. That resulted in 2-14 but it should not have been a surprise. JR has pulled the rug out from under our last two coaches after they failed to overcome a roster purge in the first year. It is starting to smell like Al Davis or maybe Dan Snyder in here.

6. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

cause I/we're Steeler fans :trophy: :bike: :party3:

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I actually like the Steelers. I have been pulling for them since Terry Brashaw played but they took a back seat when Charlotte got its own team.