1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Your Darkest Moment as a Panther Fan

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Abusive, Oct 12, 2010.

1. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

The Cardinals playoff fiasco. I think I hated Jake Delhomme more than any other person on earth for at least a month after that.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Not so much darkest moment but when on Monday night against the Packers and the turf was rolling up like carpet and the announcers were laughing at it.

3. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

I think you're getting your Packer games confused. The "turf" game was in September 2001, if I recall. The Monday Night Packer game was when Smitty snapped his leg.

4. y2b

y2b King of QC

well... there was a few games with Riddel... the play-offs against Dallas was a classic... we were sitting in the end zone and this numbnut Cowboy fan was running his mouth... Riddel dropped his knife in the guys beer and the guy immediately shut the fuck up.

:beer:

5. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

My second darkest (in-person, live event) moment would have been the Oakland game in 2004. Kerry Collins getting a bullshit pass interference call against Dante Wesley. Seabass basically got to kick a 25-yd field goal with no time left to send us home at 1-7.

That was fucking depressing.

The Arizona playoff loss was bad too. Probably #3.

6. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Hah, I was there too (as was the guy with me when we met at the stadium that time.) Spent the first half of the game outside looking for a ticket at a decent price, finally someone let me in.

That was the loudest place I've ever been in, was sitting in the same general section as you (probably much higher, we were way up there.) I'll never forget the way the deck swayed in the deafening noise after Vick scored. Never forget Morgan having a bead on him and wondering how the hell Vick made it.

Amazing finish, glad I was there for that one.

edit: Yeah, the turf game against GB was a Sunday afternoon game. Can still picture Morgan getting stiff-armed and snapping his leg as the turf gave way.

The MNF game was the Hoov game as well as that idiot running on the field.

7. docnolz

docnolz Corner of Stonewall& Mint

Anytime Todd Sauerbrun thought he was a badass instead of a punter.

8. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Another game I turned off. I remember I was in Target that afternoon and saw that 'highlight.' Made me sick. I couldn't believe we were 'that team.'

9. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

I remember being at the 40-point loss to Atlanta in 2002, roasting in the upper deck beside a fat, black falcon fan. Kept yelling, right in my ear "GETTIN QUIET UP IN HERE!!!!!"

Also remember the 2007 home loss to Tampa, where Garcia shreded our defense. Remember another retarded gentleman of color uttering "WATCH THE QUARTERBACK" every 15-20 seconds. That was the only time I truly feared I would be capable of in-stadium violence.

10. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

I dont know why, but this made me spit out my tuna sub. I actually laughed. I think its the way you simply said..."fat, black Falcon fan."

And you being worried you might have to get violent! HA!

Yes...oh my...I remember those...I remember bragging like a chump on a message board to an old buddy of mine tpahther, that I punched a Rams fan in the face....what an idiot. Admitting assault on a message board. Sigh.