1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Your Darkest Moment as a Panther Fan

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Abusive, Oct 12, 2010.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    this is why Playa owns this board

2. Mills51

Mills51 Full Access Member

Ricky Williams ran it in for the TD. I watched it from the endzone seats just a few feet away. I nearly broke my toe from kicking the back of the seat in front of me (which was empty of course). But nothing in 2001 was as bad as the feeling of the getting blown out at home one game away from hosting the 2008 NFC championship.

3. CosmikCatNip

CosmikCatNip of myth and lore

the year mike vick beat us a combined 77-0. pretty much any falcons game really. i have taken much violence out on inanimate objects, out of frustration, anger, sorrow, and the need for swift and satisfying destruction, as a direct result of losing in inventive ways to that damn team.

i no longer go to falcons games. here or away. it's just better that way.

4. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Heh the Mike Vick beatdowns were the first games I ever turned off. I was so livid I couldn't see straight. I still cannot stand their fans from that era when they would travel here expecting a win. And getting it.

5. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

God, the Vick games. I remember that season, Atlanta destroying us. Oh wow. The Falcons, too. That was bad, too.

6. Piper

Piper phishin member

Your probably talking about this one.

But for me, the Washington game that stuck with me was this one, in 99.

Tim has a breakout game in the first quarter, three touchdowns. Then Washington wakes up and drills our secondary to take the lead back. The two teams go back and forth. First year of replay, and we get a call to get reversed against us that would have won it. Brad Johnson drives the length of the field, kicks a FG. We lose 38-36.

Not sure how I'd feel if we scored 36 points in a game again. That was exciting stuff. I know it will happen again, we scored 41 against the Giants not that long ago. But it feels like its been a while.

7. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Yep, that's the one. And that 99 game was brutal, too.

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

The obvious ones (Kasays kick OB) and Arizona slow death loss have been mentioned. I was at the Falcon game when Vick QB sneaked drawed in from 7 yards right at Morgan was an agonizing loss. I was in the end zone seats as he ran right at me. I had to eat a lot of crow on my way out of that concrete shopping mall of a stadium

9. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

The GB championship loss in 96 was pretty heart breaking after such a great season that year and we were on a roll, we certainly woulda won against NE in the SB that year, imo. Had the best D we've ever had, collectively, especially at home that year and the wonderful job journeyman Johnson did running the ball after Timmay ripped his knee up @ Jax (if I'm not mistaken). But then after that, and especially 2001, it tempered my expectations quite a bit. 1997 was a pretty let down year after the expectations were so high. I was kinda bummed that year, starting in the preseason, when Collins got his jaw broke by that mutherfuker and the whole year went to shit.

10. docnolz

docnolz Corner of Stonewall& Mint

-When at NY Jets we are getting our asses handed to us and then Fred Lane scores a TD and does the worm in the endzone. Awful.