1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Your Darkest Moment as a Panther Fan

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Abusive, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!

2. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

This fat fuck is my hero.

3. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

GAme against the saints in 2001. Home game.

We had the lead. They had one play, 4th down, like 2 seconds left in game. They needed a td. They needed more than five yards, I think. They got it.

For whatever reason that hurt. We were so close in many, many games that year. Couple of overtimes I think, too. But that one stung.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    oh, that obvious holding play from Roaf on Rucker? yeah fuck that.

6. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

thats the one I was talking about. kick in the junk

7. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. y2b

y2b King of QC

There was one game that will always stick out... was sitting about 4th row, 50 yardline behind the Panther bench with Riddle when Smith broke his leg. As the cart drove away, he had a towel covering his head, but you could see by the way his shoulders shuttered, he was balling his eyes out.

9. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

The Washington game in I think 97 or something, where Greene choked Steele. Not because of that at all.

I was young, and a damned fool. I let my life be dictated through vicarious happiness depending on what the Panthers did. I know I get a lot of shit to this day, but really, I get blamed mostly for how I used to be, and that's ok. You carry that shit with you, and that's just the way it is. I'm much more laid back now, but you gotta understand, years ago, I took this way too serious. I would go out to stadiums in search of a fight, looking for guys with the other teams' colors to clock in the jaw. I was "that" guy. The asshole. The screamer. The yeller. I did in fact, I believe to this day, rattle some players. I was a master heckler...but when the stadium clamped down on that, whatever.

Either way, I was having a bad spell in a relationship of mine, and I paused to watch the game. I hated Washington. There were radio wars or some shit, lol, and their announcers and players were calling Carolina jealous because we still had so many NC fans root for Washington. I didn't appreciate some good feudal ribbing, and the team was so young. I was a goddamned fool, and when Washington tore us apart, and Biakabutuka kept getting benched for Fred Lane even though he was the hot hand in lieu of Seifert's every other quarter deal he had, I blew my stack, cried, and went out that night and damn near slaughtered somebody. Yeah. I was a whacko. Insane. But keep in mind, I was a goddamn crazy bastard in every day LIFE back then. A thug, a little pit bull fucker who always, always wanted to fight. That was the dark moment.

Post Superbowl, I wept tears of pride. I was still damn proud.

The Cards playoff game a few years back, I was in shock. I was angry, but mostly in shock. I just knew we were gonna lose, so I wasn't all that invested with hope...

There was a regular season game I was at, we were playing the Cards, and Jake Plummer beat us. I went a little berzerk after that game out in the parking lot, but it was brief. Just a tough game we shoulda had.

In 03, I made a choice that I would never let football bother me as bad again. It worked. I miss games occasionally, but not much. I won't let losses destroy my day. I'll bitch, I'll get into it...but no more of the way I used to be. Nope.

That WAshington game. THat was a dark time, man.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  10. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

winner. lock the thread