1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Your Darkest Moment as a Panther Fan

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Abusive, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

December 13, 1998.

My dad bought me a 5th row ticket to the Cats-Skins game. Well, other than the fact that we entered that game at 2-11, it rained all day.

Then, Kevin Green v Kevin Steele. And I mean, literally, 30 feet below me with not a whole lot of competing noise. You could hear the whole thing.

2001 was just a glob of shit, but that moment was my all-time lowest. I think it was the game that I realized, too, that my hero (as a kid), Dom Capers, was going to be fired, which bummed me out.

Hindsight is hilarious.

2. y2b

y2b King of QC

last sunday... sitting in my garage watching the game with friends & neighbors... they ducked out shortly after :leaving:

3. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Speaking of 1998, I was just looking back at Beuerlein's numbers from 98-2000. Holy shit. I know we didn't make any playoff appearances, and 2000 ended poorly, but that dude played some efficient ass football in almost 3 full seasons as a starter.

1447 Attempts
    61% Completions
    72 TD's
    45 INT's
    10,779 yards
    87.5 QB Rating.

Over that same "age span" (33-35 y/o), here's how the great Dan Marino fared:

1470 Attempts
    62% Completions
    71 TD's
    41 INT's
    10,916 yards
    89.3 QB Rating.

Sucks he got his chance so late, because based on these numbers, he was plenty good enough to be a 15-year starter. Instead, he sat behind Troy Aikman's over-rated ass for years.

FUCK! I WANT A QB!

4. Piper

Piper phishin member

On November 16, 1999, near Carruth's home in Charlotte, North Carolina, Cherica Adams, a woman Carruth had been dating, was shot four times in a drive-by shooting. Surviving the shooting for a time, Adams called 911 and described Carruth's behavior: he had stopped his vehicle in front of hers as another vehicle drove alongside Adams and its passenger shot her. Carruth then drove from the scene.[2]

Adams was eight months pregnant with Carruth's child at the time. Soon after her admission to the hospital, she fell into a coma.[2] Doctors saved the child, Chancellor

5. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Being one game away from hosting the NFC Championship, and getting crushed at home by the fucking Cardinals.

That, and the day after the Super Bowl loss are my two most miserable moments as a Panther fan.

6. Piper

Piper phishin member

Steve's run late in 1999 was one of those exciting "almost" moments we had in Panthers history, comparable to 2004 in many ways. The "run up the score so we can get the tiebreaker" game against the Saints was one of the more exciting games ever. It wasn't enough to win the game, we had to blow them out to have a chance.

Then there was the QB draw vs the Packers. Good times. Steve played lights out that year, and showed he could do it, if he was protected and given weapons. He'd bounced around on mediocre Raider and Cardinal teams. He he had a Pro Bowl WR, Pro Bowl TE, and the white lightning in a bottle that was Patrick Jeffers, taking the top of the defense. 99 was one of the greatest statistical years any quarterback had ever had at that time. We how-hum at those numbers now, but then it was special. 4436 and 36.

If Jeffers hadn't gotten hurt. If Biakabatuka's knee's weren't made of glass. If Fred Lane had better taste in women. If we'd not gone cheap on the offensive line. If we'd not spent two picks on the beta version of Albert Haynesworth (Giblet). If If If.

7. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

[​IMG]

8. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

[​IMG]

9. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

10. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

While not my darkest fan moment, it is my darkest 'in-person' fan moment. Don't forget to add that for the first few minutes of the game it seemed like the Panthers were the ones ready to blow out the Cardinals. I've never seen the tide change that quickly in football, by the end of the first quarter it felt like we were in for a long night.

And it fucking rained, just enough to piss you off, all game.

And like you said, knowing we would likely host the NFC Championship game if we won was a special icing on the cake.