1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Young team good team

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Jaz, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

ESPN had a few articles on young talent recently. They mentioned the top players in their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year who were drafted in rounds 3-7.
    Charles Johnson ranked 23rd on the list. Geoff Schwartz was 15th. Gary Barnidge was 10th. Kind of shocking Schwartz and Barnidge are on the list considering they've received almost zero pub. Johnson has gotten a little hype based on him replacing Peppers.

Another article ranked all the teams based on who had the most talent under the age of 25. We ranked 2nd behind the Texans. Falcons, Saints and Bucs were 7th, 28th, 30th respectively. We are young for sure but I agree we have some talent. Fox has been criticized for never giving young players a chance to get on the field, now he's giving a bunch of young guys shots all at once. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

2. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

The off-season is always a clusterfuck of opinions and predictions, many of which never materialize.

I think we're a very good team, with good coaches and the one element that puts you in contention each Sunday: a dominating running game.

We have some potential weaknesses. But the schedule, compared to 2009, is more serviceable.

I look forward to it.

3. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Heard some gushing over Matt Ryan being in his 3rd year with the same OC. Moore is in his 4th year with Davidson.

We're in OK shape, potentially great shape on offense. Even using the addition by subtraction formula of removing Jake and that gains 2 wins for us...

Defense is a concern, although that's based on those young guys (not rookies) getting a shot. Davis and Peppers gone kinda eats it.

4. rake

rake Need one of these

if the panthers had one not lost T. Davis, had a dependable pocket collapsing DT, and a proven #2 WR I would have bet 100 bucks on them making the playoffs . . . As it stands right now . .. fo fiddy, maybe five dollas, or a six pack