1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

You'll love this! Please read.

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Sackem90, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

Self-explanatory.:D

Posted on Wed, Jul. 09, 2003

Q&A: With Lisa Guerrero of "Monday Night Football"

Lisa Guerrero

Q. Does it bother you that people have said you got your job because of your looks?

First, I'm 39 years old, so if people want to say I'm attractive or glamorous or I look good on camera, I'll take that as a tremendous compliment. As for the job, I just don't see how what I look like makes a difference in reporting. Besides, television is a visual medium, and good looks help, whether you're a man or a woman.

Q. Does the fact that you've posed in lingerie in magazines hurt your credibility as a reporter?

I respect other people's opinions, and I understand that some people feel that way. But I don't. When I work the postgame locker room or do an interview on the sideline or put together a feature, I don't think a picture in a magazine somewhere makes one bit of difference.

Q. Because you are an attractive woman, have you always had to battle to be taken seriously as a sports journalist?

I think just as people we all take ourselves too seriously. I have fun with my job. It's sports, and sports is part of the entertainment business. So I tend to take all the talk about glamour vs. credibility with a grain of salt. I don't have to battle to be taken seriously. I go into the locker room to do interviews and I write my copy like everyone else. At the end of the day, my looks have little to do with my work product. So I'll leave that debate to the people with the pens in their hands. But what really matters to me are the people with the remote control in their hands.

Q. How long have you been a fan of "Monday Night Football?"

Some of my earliest memories were of me and my dad bonding over sports, and especially "Monday Night Football," because that was the biggest thing in sports. We'd talk sports all the time. I loved to argue with him about Pat Haden vs. Vince Ferragamo. I liked Vince because he was cute. Dad would say, "He's not as good as Haden," and I'd say, "They need to play Ferragamo. He's cute."

Q. What was your reaction when you found out you got the job?

I was thrilled. I called my dad to tell him, and, of course, I was crying like a baby. My dad ended up crying, too.

Q. What happens to your acting now?

Well, I had decided to pursue an acting career, and I was cast in a film called "The Playmaker." But I wasn't able to do the film because production is supposed to start in late July and August, and that's right when I'm starting "Monday Night Football." And given the choice between movies and sports, I'll take sports every time. Being on TV and in the movies is glamorous and fun, but I'm a sports fan first.

Oh, this came from Charlotte.com.

2. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

I fuck'n flat out love Lisa Guerrero. :mushy:
    [​IMG]

3. y2b

y2b King of QC

And these pictures are where?

4. rake

rake Need one of these

Re: Re: You'll love this! Please read.