1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

You know the drill: draft

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Feb 3, 2004.

1. bkfountain

bkfountain Full Access Member

pk sam is a dumbass for coming out now.

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

you got that right. deepest WR draft in history.

no worries though -- im glad he's off the roster. opens it up for someone who actually wants to play.

3. luchadore

luchadore A joke is a serious thing

I hope the Panthers stay away from Jeremy LeSeuer. I will just say I know the guy and he is a untalented cancer. If the Panthers take anyone from Michigan this year I hope its Pape, if he became a Panther you guys would love him hes more than a solid Lineman hes an all around great guy( He has a great relationship with Michigan fans). How could you not want a guy nick named Fat Elvis?

4. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

31. DeAngelo Hall CB 5-11, 200 (Va Tech) - I'd be happy with Troupe or Vilma here as well. Either one of those three would fill a major need. Although, you would expect your first rounder to start which a Rookie LB might not do.

63. Keary Colbert WR 6-1, 200 (USC) - Really overshadowed by Williams and didn't seem to have as much chemistry with Leinert...but look at his numbers previous to this year. He's going to have a good NFL carrier, I have a feeling.

95. Ben Utecht TE 6-6, 250 (Minnesota) - Moves well for as tall as he is and has great hands. Similar to Wesley Walls IMO.

127. Brian Rimpf OT 6-6, 320 (ECU) - Never got to see him play last year, but everything I have read has been positive. Sounds like he'd be a decent RT, at worst good depth

159. Nathanial Adibi DE 6-3, 255 (Va Tech) - Good replacement for the surely departed Wallace. I hate to see Wallace get away, but this guy would fill his role nicely.

191. Rod Rutherford QB 6-3, 220 (Pitt) - I think he would be a good fit for this offense and with some time to develop could be a solid NFL QB

5. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

What is Drew Henson doing in there? I thought the Texans had his rights?
    ________
    buy herbalaire

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
  7. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

8. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

Gimmie...

31. Sean Jones FS Ga - Value pick and bigtime playmaker.
    63. Derrick Hamilton WR Clemson (Batman Carroll if we don't sign Vincent) this guy has size and good speed and hands. Very underated right now. This guy is dangerous deep.
    95. Max Starks OT Fla - Too low, but I'll take em
    127. Nate Kaeding PK Iowa - We need a kicker that can get it to the endzone
    159. Grant Wiley LB West Va - this guys a gladiator, he likes to dish out punishment. Has some games where it appears he makes the tackle every play. Gets it done more often than his measurables say he can.
    191. Adrien Clarke OT/G Ohio St - Clarke's is a decent G prospect who won't last this long IMO.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2004
  9. Durden

Durden Full Access Member

Lets go ahead and say, if the draft played out like this, I would be walking around with a stupid grin on my face for months.

31: Will Poole - CB - USC
    Such a player. I would still want to sign Vincent, to keep us from being too young across the back, but letting him and RMJ fight over the hot seat and the nickle spot would be perfect.

63: Ben Watson - TE - UGA
    Maybe not next year or even the year after, but someday our offence will want a do it all TE. Maybe not next year, or even the year after, but someday Watson will be a guy that can do it all.

95: Dontarrius Thomas - OLB - Auburn
    I like this guy good enough that you can highly expect me to be recommending that we draft him in the first. This would be unheard of value, and a dream come true. Can play all three spots, future replacement at SLB and can back Morgan at MLB in the mean time.

127: Brian Rimph - OT - ECU
    Great size, good feet, local kid. If not the future at RT then at least the future of our 3rd Tackle.

159: B.J. Johnson - WR - Texas
    Good size, great speed. Not the star, which means he has something to prove. At the least could help return Kicks and give us a 5 WR.

191: Matt Mauck - QB - LSU
    Louisiana QB that likes to throw it up and let his WR's do the work. Could Lightning strike twice? At the very least it woud be someone for Jake to talk too.

223: Monreko Crittenden - OG - Auburn
    Not unlike Jeno James, limited but plays with a chip on his shoulder and works hard. In a couple of years, he might challenge for the RG spot.

10. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Michael Boulware is at 59 - anybody else think he'd be a really good fit? How good is he in coverage?