1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

you guys want a laugh?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Sackem90, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

Check out what some idiot over at the Charlotte.com board (plus responses to his/her post) wrote:

PEPPERS TO MLB. Subscribe
    To: ALL (1 of 3)

Just a thought. Put PEPPERS at middle linebacker, put STANLEY MCGLOVER at defensive end, linebackers would now be THOMAS DAVIS-OLB, PEPPERS-MLB, CHRIS DRAFT-OLB. If RUCKER is ok ,fine, if not, use DAMIONE LEWIS as a defensive end, he is a good pass rusher, and also has good size, 6,2 301lb. This way PEPPERS would cover the field better instead of being double teamed all day at the end position, with his speed and jumping ability, these linebackers would be the fastest in the NFL. Also, if MORGAN is ok then fine he just adds to the rotation, that would probably keep him healthy. Last year other teams were exposing the weakness over the middle of the field quite a bit,example = Dallas game, TE-WITTEN caught almost 100 passes it seemed....

Options Reply
    1.0 (3 votes)

To: DBF (2 of 3)

27211.2 in reply to 27211.1

I think we need to leave pep where he is and get him some help so that he can play all year long like he did early one this year. Plus we are already to thin at DE to move any of those.

Options Reply
    Rate

To: DBF (3 of 3)

27211.3 in reply to 27211.1

Please...

Options Reply
    Rate

:newsmile45:

2. SC_REDNECK

SC_REDNECK Junior Member

The Panthers wore you out in a different way. In a high-tech league, they were two gu

Ignorance is Bliss....even the Observe-less thinks the Dyke has broke...

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/football/nfl/carolina_panthers/16773145.htm

Carolina can't fill all of its needs in draft
    Panthers need speed, youth & energy
    TOM SORENSEN

As much good work as Panthers coach John Fox (above) and general manager Marty Hurney have done, they've yet to do it in consecutive seasons.

I read mock draft in our newspaper Friday and winced. Seems early, don't you think? The NFL draft is more than two months away.

Besides, I don't need a mock draft to tell me what the Carolina Panthers need. They need a middle linebacker, an outside linebacker, a safety, a big running back, an offensive lineman, a defensive lineman, a tight end who runs actual routes and is thrown actual passes, and a guy that can return punts more than two yards without flinging a lateral.

They also need what no draft can provide. They need juice, passion, enthusiasm and energy. They need leaders. They had nice parts, but they were never much of a team.

The 2006 season was bleak when we were going through it, and now that we've had time to step back and reflect, the season is even more bleak. The NFC was so weak it sent Chicago to the Super Bowl, and the Panthers couldn't even make the playoffs.

The first Sunday undid them. They cruised in to Bank of America Stadium as Super Bowl favorites and left as sparring partners. Atlanta beat up the Panthers, really beat them up, 20-6.

The Panthers were like a receiver that takes a big hit from a mean cornerback and turns meek. After the hit from the Falcons, they lost their swagger.

To get it back and contend for anything in '07, speed, youth and energy will be required. To accommodate the new, they're going to have to get rid of the old.

Are you convinced that middle linebacker Dan Morgan will return? Morgan is one of my all-time favorite Panthers, a man who goes as hard as anybody who has worn the uniform. But because of his history with injuries, the Panthers can't expect him to be their middle linebacker from September through January.

Mike Rucker also is a favorite, but will he return? Will Chris Weinke come back as Jake Delhomme's backup? Al Wallace has been jettisoned.

Who is next?

Somebody has to go. Too many Panthers got old at the same time. You watch some teams and they move as if propelled, a swirl of athleticism and desire. It wears you out to watch them.

The Panthers wore you out in a different way. In a high-tech league, they were two guys talking into cans connected by a string.

As aggressively as they spent money and pursued free agents, they know how badly they missed, and they know that they can't miss again. That's why this season is huge.

Start with the draft. Carolina's have been woefully inconsistent. After two seasons in the league Thomas Davis, the 14th pick in the 2005 draft, still is a better athlete than a linebacker.

It's too early to tell about the class of 2006. But it's not too early to say that the Panthers had a great 2002 draft and have not had a good one since.

Like their drafts, the Panthers have been woefully inconsistent. As much good work as coach John Fox and general manager Marty Hurney have done, they've yet to do it in consecutive seasons.

3. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Sorenson is an idiot. The OL got laid out last year and the offense suffered for it. The defense was pretty good when you consider how bad the offense was.

5. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

What did he say that wasn't dead on? He said the same things most here have been saying.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I liked the article by Sorensen, and I didn't agree with it, plus I think he's a giant douche. We are, at best, an average team drafting. I don't agree that Davis isn't a good enough linebacker at this point, for instance, or some other things he says, though.

I'd kill to have another shot at Ko Simpson right now, for instance. Dom Byrd, Gilles, too. It's not that they were as good as Simpson. They just seem better picks than our 3rds. We did fine this year, but we could've done much better, and that's what's going on. Sorensen says it's more than just the draft, and I agree. People inherently focus 100% on the draft and the seven players they do know as if that magically solves or as if it's the whole picture. I've yet to ever see that happen.

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I do not think we need an offensive lineman, defensive lineman and a big running back. His whole youth and energy argument is crap.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I did miss him try the "big RB" thing. That's really pretty dumb.

9. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I know. I missed it the first time, not "I still can't find it", but thanks, I guess.