1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

You go Drew Carter

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Ipimpcrazydave, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I was talking about Colbert:

Mags,

I wasn't trying to be hurtful or anything like that. In retrospect, I probably didn't need to dig that thread up, but it's just something that crossed my mind at the time.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    It wasn't hurtful. At the time, I was worried that Lucas was getting paid for one good year, where he hadn't even started consistently before that. He got paid a ton for one good year. Once he stepped on the field, he eased my concerns.

3. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I still think we paid a bit too much, but we got a dignified starter. Imo, one of the better corners in the league. He would have been given the Pro Bowl recognition if not for Nate Vasher's inflated interception count.

I don't think Rolle sucks, but he can look foolish at times without safety help or a good pass rush. I wouldn't have given him what Baltimore gave him.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  4. Collin

Collin soap and water

magnus:
    Plus I think your perceptions of Lucas were colored unfairly by your love of Trufant at that time (who has turned out to be not so good). In any case, yes we did overpay but at least we're getting something out of it, unlike some other pricey FA acquisitions. *sigh*

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

He sure has the jets. I hope we keep him involved in the offense even with Smith healthy he is a valuable deep threat.

6. Piper

Piper phishin member

Sadly, the drop wasn't shocking, just disappointing.

Corners that year seemed to all have crazy prices. Their value now, with the passing offenses, has gone up.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

nope, had nothing at all to do with Trufant. I know you like to place that type thing on me, but the fact was, Lucas had started 2004 because Springs went, and hadn't started the year before. He wasn't a consistent player at all before 2004, and that was concerning to me.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Ok, but when you were initially arguing against the Lucas signing you did make it a point to say that he couldn't be that good if Trufant beat him out for his job as a rookie, etc.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Certainly, though the point was that he couldn't keep the job and the "one year" concern I had.

10. McJeff

McJeff The wheel is turning

Was that drop the last time Colbert saw the field? It was pretty much all Carter after that as well as I can remember.