1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Yessssssssssss, WFNZ lost the Bobcats Radio Deal to MIX106.1 . . .

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Jun 8, 2004.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

wouldn't it still be a good idea for them to have some type of Bobcats programming on their station :confused: ? ? ? ? Maybe on the MSP or PRIMETIME at least do a GM/Front Office Show (or segment) once a week. I think the Canes GM does this on 850 THE BUZZ up in Raleigh (with the games being on one of the FM country stations in that area). This would be good since MIX106 is still going to play oldies music during the rest of the day . . . .

2. tomo68

tomo68 Junior Member

That's too bad, it would have been nice to see them get some respectable local programming with professional broadcasters.

3. Sleehrat Nation

Sleehrat Nation Full Access Member

Why would 106.1 want to take on professional basketball? What is their target demographics? It certainly doesn't seem like it mirrors the NBA fan.

For WFNZ to have not gotten this deal speaks volumes. I just can't imagine a scenario where FNZ would not have gotten this. They're the only sports-only radio station in the market, and now they've got two stations to air things on. Simply doesn't make sense. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

4. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

[​IMG]

5. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

who cares, its nba basketball. they'll get more people tuning in for wake forest broadcasts than they would have for bobcats broadcasts.