1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Yao Ming

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by Savio, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Savio

Savio Guest

They don't talk about his "POST UP" abilities do they :rolleyes:

He is a big man ya know.

2. HornetBobble

HornetBobble Guest

Guards can even rough him up in the post, w/i two years the knee problems start coming

3. Big Russ

Big Russ Guest

How bad can you look when you're being guarded by Christofferson?

Seriously though. From what little I saw of the workout, Christofferson wasn't physical at all. I'm sure that's what he was told to do, though. He has mid range jumper but I really doubt whether he'll be able to take the pounding he's gonna receive and still be effective.

Some foreign big men have a tendancy to want to drift out and shoot jumpers as opposed to mixing it up inside. If you spend a number one pick on a 7'6 big man; he better be able to hold his own on the block and be a presence.

He has the frame that could carry 25-30+ pounds easily though. His first year, he'll grab some boards, he'll block some shots, but the hype surrounding this kid has everyone expecting a polished big man ready to step in and challenge some of the best in the league. From what I've seen, he's a few years away.