1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Yao Ming

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by Savio, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Savio

Savio Guest

Give me a fuckin break. Why would you want to waste a draft pick on him...SERIOUSLY?!!??!?! HELLO!!! SHAWN BRADLEY!!!! He has a nice shot but he seems slow and uncoordinated. He doesn't look tone at all. I guess they don't lift weights in China.
    If I were Houston I'd pick.....

MIKE DUNLEAVY!!!

That's obvious.....

:rolleyes:

2. He's gonna be good. If he can bulk up a bit without affecting his shot, he'll make it real big. He'd fit in real nice in Houston.

3. HornetBobble

HornetBobble Guest

he needs to gain like a 100 lbs, the guy is the next Manute Bol:rolleyes:

4. Savio

Savio Guest

Seriously...come on...I think you're giving him too much credit...

He's way frail and he'll be like a Vlade defender.

Oh yeah...look at Wang Zhi Zhi. Talk about bust :rolleyes:

5. Puttingood

Puttingood Guest

he needs to gain like a 100 lbs, the guy is the next Manute Bo

That was kind of funny HornetBobble.:)

6. If you guys say so. The proof will be in the pudding. The guy is, what, like 21 years old or something? He's still growing. He's nothing like Manute Bol. Manute Bol is a stick, this kids got serious legs (tho his upper body is a bit frail). He's like a young version of Arvidis Sabonis.

7. Piper

Piper Guest

He's not nearly as solid as Sabonis. I think he'll be a shot blocking presense, and he's got good outside touch for a big man. But that's what Bradley brings right now. He's not going to be a post player.

8. HornetBobble

HornetBobble Guest

the dude is a dud for a pcik, plus the Chinese Republic is making some crazy demands and will probably fuck up his career.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    well, he might be good as Arvidas Sabonis, but I wouldn't waste my top pick on him. Takes a lot more than just height.

10. PantherMills

PantherMills Guest

sounds like he has more than just height...

from ESPN, "...at 7-foot-6, he can get out and run the floor like a small forward. In the halfcourt, he doesn't just plod around, either. He has a reliable jump hook, and has shown the ability to pass like a guard within the offense to cutting teammates. His basketball IQ isn't a question, neither is his talent. He also shot nearly 80 percent from the free throw line, which is a bonus for any big man. "