1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WoW

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by philcantspel, Jul 12, 2005.

1. philcantspel

philcantspel Full Access Member

just wondering... does anyone play?

2. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

thought about it, but i did coh instead (cuz my friends were playing it). i stopped after 1 month.

the persistent world thing is sorta a problem cuz the game tends to feel pointless. you're unimportant to scheme of things because the game must allow everybody to be equally important. the only way to do that is to make nobody important.

to me, these types of games are a bit like a movie that's designed to be easy to follow from any point. the only way to do that is to remove the notion of a beginning and end. which means no story arc. which means a lot of running around aimlessly. imo.

now, i'd be willing to give em another shot sometime, but they're just a bit too expensive to try out to see if i like it. they really ought to make the game free and charge only an online fee. i ain't about to pay $50 for a game i suspect i won't like. normally, games have demos you can d/l and try a level or two. maybe they need to have a "demo" server available for people to see if they'd like the thing.

3. philcantspel

philcantspel Full Access Member

Well, I have a friend that convinced me to start playing. I've played some of it and it is incredibly fun for me. I'm a nerd that likes games like that. Kill Kill Kill, level up. Join a guild and fight some super fierce monsters.

4. Fro

Fro FFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffff

Being an MMO junkie...WoW is by far the best I've played.

It's addictive. I started out on Mal'ganis as Alliance.

Got a 54 Pally, 42 Rogue and a 39 Priest over there. Got tired of the server...we were heavily outnumbered 4:1

Started a few weeks ago on Lightning's Blade as Horde. It's a fucking blast on that side...the server ratio is fairly even 1.5:1, Alliance:Horde. Got a 32 Shaman over there named Dutchie if you ever get the itch to play on a PvP server.

PvP is the way to go IMO. Carebear server's just don't have the same feel. It adds alot to the game.

5. KrackMonkey

KrackMonkey Got a light?

*bumping this*

Well, Im a late bloomer, but Ive caught the fever and gotten into a friend's guild and trying to lvl up my lvl 14 dwarf warrior to catch up with everyone that's been playing for a year.

I play on Magtheridon realm and my player name is "Donkeyraper"

Im in the Guild, "Pork Chop Express"

6. Fro

:satana: Told ya.

I can't play. I'm on lockdown.

7. KrackMonkey

KrackMonkey Got a light?

By who? :imagestor

Apparently, Blizzard didnt take too kindly to my name and it wont even let me log in now for some reason.

8. Fro

I played on Mal'ganis, there was a guy in my guild called scrotofaggins. He made it into his 30's before Blizzard made him change it. :D

Good luck dude.

9. KrackMonkey

KrackMonkey Got a light?

:banginghe

10. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

i had a diablo 2 amazon named "hillary_clinton" on battlenet. i really wanted a necro named "oj_simpson" but somebody else had that one.