1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

World Series: Phillies vs. Yankees

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by karlrocket, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

didn't Howard set a strikeout record? can't have your best bat do that in the world series

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

He either broke it or tied for the record by Willie Wilson. All around player I'd say Utley is the best Phillie. Average, Homeruns, RBI and defense.

Time to choose a new avatar

3. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

not really, because baseball stretched out the playoffs so much, it will be spring training before you know it.

4. PantherPaul

True, but I usually change my avatar by the sorts season. Maybe a Tarheel 100th anniversary or National Championship avatar :sultan:

5. K-Town Rocks

K-Town Rocks Member

Congrats to the Yankees on # 27.

The Phillies had a great team but so did the Yankees.No doubt the two best teams in baseball this year met in the world series.The team that leads the majors in wins usually doesn't win the world series.The Yankees did this year.

It would not surprise me to see these same two teams in the series again next year.

6. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

I think you'll see the Yankees continue in their tradition of playing in 33% of all World Series games as long as they continue to be willing to spend twice as much as other teams and more than the bottom 5 in payroll. Championships bought are the sweetest ones!!

7. PantherPaul

It's a catch 22. the players will fight a salary cap and the owners probably don't want it because teams like the Royals and Pirates have no intention of actually trying to win. They would rather trade off players when they are ready to cash in and will happily take the New Yorks and Bostons luxury tax money. I don't have a problem as much with the Yankees spending almost 100 million more than the Phillies to get to the Series but it is not IMO good for baseball when you have teams spending so much more and less than the average. If they want to spend so much why not just cut the number of teams in half and let corporations take over the teams and spend to their hearts content

8. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

It's how you spend your money. The Florida Marlins were a competitive team most of the year with the lowest payroll in the majors. They were still in the wildcard hunt going into the final month of the season.

Florida 87-75 record with a $36,814,000. payroll.
    :REGamblMoney01HL2:

9. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Yankee and Phillie fans had a blast but the rest of the country don`t care. Baseball, like other pro sports, are pricing themselves right out of the market.

10. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

My grandmother smoked her whole life and lived a ripe old 93.....like the Marlins, she's the exception to the rule.

If you are really trying to say the Yankees spending twice what almost every other team spent has nothing to do with them winning the WS....you're out of your mind. Imagine what the Marlins could have done with 210MM.