1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Wonderlic

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by HeadCase, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Full Access Member

I don't give a rat's ass if you are tolerent of me or not or the personal jabs at someone you don't know make you feel more manly. You are so far off the point you don't even know what you are arguing. But I sense that you thrive on conflict--probably weren't breast fed long enough. You are wrong. It is that simple. Too proud and too pompous to ever admit it. And you are going to tell me about the brain? If you knew my background, something I am sure you will dismiss without any knowledge of me at all, you would realize what an ass you just made of yourself.

You have issues that go well beyond the scope of football. If you want to argue that you have experience evaluating NFL talent and performance based on the wonderlic and it is NOT an IQ test, then provide links like I did.

As I said, you thrive on conflict and I am not as good at it as you are. You even argue total idiocy well. Hats off to you, sir. If you only knew how stupid you sound. Wonderlic measures reaction time in a CB--yeah, OK.

What I was referring to without trying to impress anyone was the ability of the hippocampus to process memorization when under stressors strong enough to trigger the amygdala, throwing the brain into defense mode, clouding judgement. When this occurs, processing information becomes more difficult and survival (instincts) assume temporary control to some degree. That should have been your argument--prefrontal cortex is where higher levels of cognition and affective (aesthetic) abilities are refined and stored. That has nothing to do with your claim--whatever the hell it was. you chose to attack me and not my position. You didn't have a clue what you were referring to, beyond Wikepedia's psychology page. Go ahead and flaunt your superior intelect again, AH.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

3. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

SUCCESS!!

4. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Right. Ok, sure thing.

5. McJeff

McJeff The wheel is turning

shazam!

6. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

Nice to see Collin has brought what he does best back, hate and discontent.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

7. Skidmark

Skidmark Full Access Member

http://www.minddisorders.com/Kau-Nu/Narcissistic-personality-disorder.html

Collin, I have a colleague who deals with narcissistic patients. That is the real issue here. I read a few of your posts and the diagnosis was rather simple and obvious, even though adult personality disorders are not my specialty. He is part of a network with 4 offices in NC (Asheville, Charlotte, Wilmington, and Raleigh). I can ask him to see you or set up a visit if you PM me.

The problem is this: Most people suffering from your form of behavioral dysfunction are too narcissistic to admit they need help. My colleague said that his patients are usually forced to see him--plea bargains, condition for continued employment, and for visitation rights during divorces. It is ironic that the condition prevents you from recognizing the need for treatment of the condition. In essense, seeking help on your own for narcissism probably suggests that you don't have it.

Most of his patients (75%) are off medications after three months and others reduce the number of prescriptions they need to function. Of course, I could be wrong, but you are textbook. Tip: I don't ever assume I am smarter than someone else, I don't tell my mechanic about cars or barbers how to cut hair. Intelligence is more about realizing what you do not know than trying to make everyone think you know everything. And when you feel the need to attack people you don't know in a discussion over trivial things, then the issue quickly switches from the topic to your dysfunctionality.

Read the article. Have a nice day.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  8. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

9. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

betcha a dollar he got off the meds 1 week before emailing gantt.

10. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

I don't think the Wonderlic is very high on the priority chart for most evaluators. Then again, I'm a sales monkey, not an NFL scout, so what the shit do I know.

I suppose scoring high can only help one's case for being drafted. Then again, if you throw the ball like Jonathan Quinn, none of it matters.

In other words, I would take, at any position, the best ATHLETE available, mold any character or intellect issues on my own, and move forward. If I knew I was getting a Lawrence Phillips-type, then ok, hell no. But Newton is not Lawrence Phillips. Nor is Mallett.