1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

With the second pick

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by rake, Mar 18, 2023.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

Why wouldn't pick 39 be just as important as 1 overall this year? Can't afford another ONE PLAYER draft this time around. In 2021 carolina at least got 6 average players (still on roster and of value) but only one quality starter (when healthy). In 2022 we got an above average LT, a backup OL and two below average rotational defenders. So once again, it was pretty much a ONE PLAYER draft.
    So who could be the quality starter that we add at #39? WR is too thin and will HAVE to add a FA (or trade). The TE's worth that pick will likely be gone, have a good FA RB, O-Line seems in decent shape now and won't make sense at 39. The safety situation looks good now. Corner might be a possibility at 39, but there WILL be a run before our pick so once again a 39 overall would likely be a reach for a CB. DT looks good now so that really just leaves LB and EDGE.
    I really like a few LB's, and one or two are very likely to still be available.
    Jack Campbell - if they want a mike who can upgrade our run defense.
    Daiyan Henley - excellent instincts and ability at covering backs and TEs but would not be as well suited Vs run as Campbell
    Drew Sanders - is more likely to be gone but would be the most versatile option (and my preference as a sure thing starter and core player for years to come)
    Noah Sewell - "might" still be around and though he is apparently more projected as more of an EDGE he should be a beast in the middle at stopping the run.
    Then there is EDGE, and i'd like to get opinions here on who might be available to pair with Burns.
    Young, Ojulari, White, Hall, Foskey ???? What are your opinions on these guys. .. or anyone else that you'd be high on at 39.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  2. Schwantz34

Schwantz34 Full Access Member

Zay Flowers if he's there but I don't think there's any way that he will be.

Seal of approval from Steve Smith on him too.

3. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

I wish our 3rd rounder was early and not at the end of the round.

Jack Campbell might last to early third
    Drew Sanders will be early second
    Noah Sewell will be like Campbell

After QB in the 1st, I think we go value at 39, whether DE, CB or ILB. Who has fallen that we have a 1st round grade on, would be my guess

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Somewhere along the draft line I'd like to see some quick twitch receivers added on offense. Parker Washington could do PR duty as well as slot and outside pass catcher.

5. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

BPA even if it's somewhere you feel strong. OL injuries multiply with the shuffling and overall reduced production of the entire offense.

6. rake

rake Need one of these

Washington has some amazing elite catches. .. i just worry about him getting injuries. Same concerns for other smaller WRs like Dell, Scott, and Davis, who are all dynamic talents but may not be durable at the next level.