1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Windows installation disc question

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by PantherPaul, May 16, 2012.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

My cd drive died so I bought a new one and installed it. When I booted up it asked me to load my windows installation disc. My system came with 3 ( 1 of 3, 2 of 3 ....) I loaded the first disc and rebooted and it started to load. I thought I was ok but it either the second disc doesn't have an executable file to carry on or what. It just sits there. I bought the system at office depot and the 3 disc were made by them. Should I copy all three disc to a jump drive and try to boot off of it? Ideas?

2. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I`ve got a homemade system and I`ve installed 4 or 5 dvd/cd drives over the years and none have ever ask me to do that.
    You normally install the drive and load the drivers for the new unit and you`re good to go.
    Maybe there is an operating system compatibility issue with the drive.
    Of course there could always be a virus blocking it.
    Why was Office Depot making your boot disks instead of a factory pack?

3. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

The PC came with Windows 7 preloaded. The disc were I believe copies of windows should something happen. I've also loaded new hard drives both slave and primary as well as CD Roms and had no issues. Especially with Windows 7 I thought most drives were already there. heck the drive didn't even come with a CD. Yes it was Win 7 compatible. A buddy of mine is taking care of it for me. This is a first for me