1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Windows 7 Questions

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by PantherPaul, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

2. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

Yeah...I like to argue!! LULZ...........No it doesn't. In fact there is no way to tell if the case has been cracked (and by cracked I mean opened properly to install h/w) on those. On a Mac there is a case ribbon that you must break to open the case......and I realize you like to climb into threads you know SQUADOOSH about and act smart just for the sake of being a dick, but you make a fool of yourself often.

3. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

So when you take it to them for service, you have to explain what you did to break the ribbon, and ANY issue you have will be a product of openeing the case. I know this from experience.

4. Little Guy

Little Guy Full Access Member

Well for one thing posting a answer from Apple that goes for Imac's nearly 6 years old is not the way to make friends either.
    These new IMacs (LCD) are way different then the crt ones.
    And the Only thing a person really should be doing is replacing the memory. Period. As there is a cover to take off exposing the memory, But that is all one should be doing.
    As for getting in and making other changes like hard drives or CD Drives, is very very hard to do and should not even be attempted.
    There is step by step on the net how to do this but with the new IMacs it is very time consuming and may even be too risky for even a small time computer geek.
    I have a 3 year extended warranty on this IMac with every 6 months I can take it in and they go over things and check everything out.

5. Superfluous_Nut

then you opened it wrong. it probably confused you because you don't have to search for screws or bolts.

on the power mac, you simply lift a lever in the back of the machine and the side of the box can be removed, exposing the various parts you might need access to.

no "warranty void if broken" tape anywhere.

6. y2b

y2b King of QC

macs are powerful enough out of the box, no upgrade neccesary

7. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Be nice if you could find software that would run on them in ANY store.

Then again its the second party software that normally crashes the OS. Maybe that's why Apple does it. That way they at least have the our OS is more stable. Hell any Windows PC would run forever if you couldn't find any other software out there to install on it.

8. y2b

y2b King of QC

not a clue what you're saying... are you saying the only software you can buy for a Mac is made by Apple only? Hope not...

I remember when Apple allowed other computer companies to make macs. The hardware couldn't handle it, they tried to lower costs. I think PC's, when bought at lower prices, have sub standard hardware and thus creates an unstable computer. You buy can a PC with better hardware in it, and it'll run great, but to get one as good as a mac, you would end up spending more

9. Superfluous_Nut

yeah, i remember the mac clones. basically, they licensed the os but the problem was the same thing that plagues windows -- an open architecture is difficult to support because you're not in control of the hardware. that's the real reason mac's are generally more bullet proof than windows machines -- you don't have thousands of different bits of hardware that people are throwing together into unique combos. as soon as you start adding custom hardware solutions, you start to get problems.

i'd say apple's prices are at the high end of what you'd likely pay for a top of the line system from a company like alienware or other specialty system integrator.

10. quaxmuck73

quaxmuck73 Junior Member

Just discovered at work that my computer with Windows XP Pro has internet games like Hearts and Spades. Does anyone know if Im really playing people or just a cleavor computer program?