1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Will Houston trade their 1st pick?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, so this was just a bad excuse to post my first message, but hey, its a legitimate question.

It would seriously undercut us for Houston to trade with a team like Detroit and they take Peppers, knowing that Carr would be available at pick 3 anyway.

2. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

I think the Texans WILL trade down and Detroit is a prime candidate. Houston will be happy to trade down, get more picks and still get the guy they want. The question is, can the Lions afford such a move?
    In addition, I think it would be wise for the Panthers to trade down too. With the release of Evans AND Hitch, CB becomes our glaring need going into the draft. The Panthers may trade down a few spots and get Jammer or Buchanon to compete w/ Anderson for a starting spot. I expect a FA addition to start as well.
    I have never been that high on Peppers, while I understand you all are, his being local means nothing to me since I live in Iowa...I could care less where a guy is from as long as it fills a need and we get something out of them. I don't feel we'll get an every down player in Peppers, just a pass rusher.
    The second round should still present us with solid/well-rounded DE's like Weaver, Thomas or Brown. Plus, a trade down would give us an extra second rounder and most likely another pick next year.

3. SemperFi

SemperFi Full Access Member

I would be one of the people who would like to see Peppers here. HOPEFULLY it will not be very often we have the second pick and Peppers has the potential to be an incredible draft pick. With Fox and DelRio coaching him I don't believe he will be a pass rush only DE and he will become the player of his potential. Would there be any good CBs available at our 2nd pick? If not, we could trade up a few spots and maybe give up a late pick.

4. Piper

Piper Guest

>>DE's like Weaver, Thomas or Brown.

Of those, only Weaver would I put base side.

Peppers is 290. He needs to be better vs. the run, but at 290, it’s not like he’s Leonard Little.

The trade with Detroit would make sense. Detriot would not have to give up that much, and they need a base end, but I think they'd rather trade down themseleves.