1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Why can't shitty owners just stop being shitty?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

This question has always puzzled me. All you have to do is defer to knowledgeable football people. Even Jed York seems to have figured this out.

Just do that and get out of the way.

Bull Moose likes this.
  2. canesin4

canesin4 Full Access Member

Amen to that old friend. Simple isn't for the simple.

3. Black&Black

It doesn't even seem like you have to be successful at anything to be a good owner. The lady who owns Titans is just some lady who was related to the former owner. But she hired competent football people and stayed out of the way. The Titans have quietly had four consecutive winning seasons after a long spell of losing.

Just don't be an asshole. You don't know shit about football. Let the people who do run your team.

Collin and Bull Moose like this.
  4. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

I think Dave is going to have enough on his plate with the soccer bullshit and building that theme park in Rock Hill that he will let whoever’s in charge of football operations run things. The problem is, the person in that capacity right now is not ideal. Sounds like they might let Marty run the draft, and then move him out or to another position. They could’ve just fired him with Ron. But what the hell do I know. Not my millions.

5. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

I know for a fact they put in an interview request for Andrew Berry. There’s no disputing that. So clearly, they want to beef up the front office. They’ve already added that cap guy from Pittsburgh. Sounds like he had a few screws loose when he was with St. Louis, but other than that, he is one of the best in the league in that role. Marty 2.0 has been better, but still below average.

6. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

This is what I’ve been trying to explain to fans since we started our project with the website and on Twitter. Folks have blindly defended the owner because he gave them a midfield logo and drank a few beers with them. Also, following Jerry was a slam dunk. The next guy was going to be revered, no matter what, after what happened with the old man at the end. The honeymoon is definitely over. Fans are definitely voicing more displeasure these days.

I explained to fans a few months ago: when Dave said he’s all about winning, that extends beyond the football field. Sure, he wants to win games. But he is enamored with the business end of the operation. And that’s fine. That’s where he belongs. But don’t keep talking about winning, because you give fans the wrong impression. Just shut up and go do it.

7. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

I guess the last thing I can add is I really do like Matt Rhule. I can’t say that enough. I’m still not totally certain about the coordinators. I feel pretty good about Joe Brady, to tell you the truth. Phil Snow? I have no idea what to expect. He’s hired a few pretty good assistants of late. Some NFL experience on that staff now. A lot of this comes down to the quarterback, as all of you know. If Cam is healthy and ready to roll, the team has a shot every week.

If the foot continues to be a problem, then that’s going to be a problem for the team. Because, at that point, you can’t maximize value on the field or on the trade market.

Shoulder is fine. He’s had plenty of time to rest.

Matt’s experience working in the trenches with the Giants gives me hope. I like that Tom Coughlin is advising him on building a staff. Tom took a lot of shit in Jacksonville, but he did put together a team that almost took down the Pats.

Plus, I like the fact that Rhule’s got a little fire in his gut. Sorry, that shit matters to me.

8. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

Cleveland’s top football execs since Jimmy Haslam bought the team:

2020-present Andrew Berry
    2017-19 John Dorsey
    2016-17 Sashi Brown
    2014-15 Ray Farmer
    2013 Michael Lombardi
    2012 Tom Heckert

That’s fucking miserable.

9. Black&Black

I have no faith in this owner and I've been exactly right about him so far.

Collin likes this.
  10. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

Yeah, I’ve seen some pretty pissed off people on social media about things lately. Folks are wising up. I don’t like that he seems to be hiding behind process/patience. Then again, if Cam’s foot doesn’t get swallowed by the turf monster New England last year, who knows what the hell we’d be saying right now.

Winning fixes everything.