1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

You are assuming that CJ would have signed for a lot less money. You have no way to know that for sure. Atlanta may not have been able to offer him anything close to what he got but there are other teams that could have offered him what we did or more. Whether one would have or not is something we will never know.

2. udontknowme

udontknowme Full Access Member

The point is if another team was to offer him more, then you let them. Good luck! Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you. At the very least, you don't bid against yourself. That much coin could've gotten 1-2 guys that could potential be probowlers, or 2-3 starters. If he ends up being an All-pro, it was worth it, but anything short of that and you have to question it.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    for one, meatpile was the first to bring it up, and two, yes, if anyone raged out like that on anyone I knew, I'd go over to them and say "get a load of this guy." Which is what you did - it wasn't even mildly reasonable for you to expect them to do exactly what you told them to do with their jobs.

It's no different than this. I won't validate your feelings about Hurney, which is 100% what this is. It's you starting with "fuck Hurney" and working backwards. So if it makes your life better to be validated, I can tell you exactly what you want to hear, since you're so into intellectual honesty. Like with the media, it seems that's your only acceptable outcome, to be told what you want to hear.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Thelt, try thinking logically. No team came to Charles Johnson with anywhere near the amount of money that the Panthers offered. What, do you really want to pretend that some team would have spent $70+ million, they just decided that they were going to wait a week before bringing it up with CJ and his agent? Come on, use your brain. No one was ever going to offer nearly what the Panthers did. There weren't a lot of teams looking for a DE, and none of them had any interest in paying what Carolina did. The same goes for DeAngelo. Only the Broncos, Giants, and Panthers went after DW, but Denver and New York publicly announced that they had backed out the day before Williams signed because they said the money was too high. So who were the Panthers bidding against? Just themselves. And you act like you have no idea that Hurney did this same exact shit with other players before the lockout. That's why the team was in salary cap trouble before.

You publicly bashed me on Twitter without prompting or provocation, but you want to pretend like I'm the only one with the grudge. And that's without even getting into how much you talked shit about me while I wasn't here. You're the one who is obsessed, magnus. I didn't discuss you at all while I was elsewhere. You resent me for making you look stupid, for calling you out, and for busting you about being a hypocritical, dishonest homer.

If that was true, then I wouldn't be so willing to admit that I was completely wrong in thinking that James Anderson was a waste of a roster spot. Meanwhile it's been six years and you still cannot post that you were wrong for saying that Shawne Merriman was a "DE-only." You're a coward, magnus. You lack the courage to be honest, either about the team or yourself.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

are you suggesting your exaggerated antics aren't something people laugh or joke about? You opened private discussion to the internet and a couple of us laughed with that person how ridiculous you were being. You weren't 'harmed' at all in that. Nothing was said that wasn't said here.

6. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Alright. We have a mediocre GM, who is a misfit for his position. Any tool knows that, and a journalist that doesn't admit it is clearly preserving his source.

He's not a talent evaluator, but I don't think he does any of that shit. He's not doing the best job managing salaries, but then again, we're getting guys re-signed and adding value.

Plus, Collin, it's not like we're still paying Jake Delhomme any cash. #collinpuncheswifeintaintnow

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

see, that's how it's done.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, there weren't a couple of you. Meatpile tweeted Gantt, but didn't take a shot at me. You were the only one who did. You also obsessively talked shit about me during my absence from TBR, and yet you want to pretend that I'm the one with a grudge. Notice that despite repeatedly being called out on it, you also still cannot just say that you were wrong about Shawne Merriman being a "DE-only." You can't admit your mistakes, magnus, because you cannot be honest with yourself or about yourself. You lie to and about yourself, which is why you so consistently get your ass handed to you in these arguments.

Not mediocre at all. Mediocre would be tolerable. Marty Hurney vies with Al Davis and Mike Brown for being the worst general manager in the NFL.

When you offer tens of millions of dollars more for players than other teams would, then you're doing a piss-poor job of handling contracts and should immediately be fired. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar or a moron.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I've never thought your antics weren't funny or remarkable. Most people say what you want to hear, to your face, to not argue with you. I argue with you anyway. I don't tell you what you want to hear. That causes problems.

I mean, you honestly have big issues with me saying this:

Consider how hurtful that is, where I directly said "him" and "sorry". Consider you regularly get very personal with other people all day, every day over much more minor things than a tweet, and consider whether or not you should be so sensitive given how personal you are with others.

I think the key thing to understand here is that you have a problem with me having diverging opinions, whether now or a decade ago, and that when I disagree, you have a tantrum.

10. chaz

chaz Full Access Member

This entire thread is a setup to let Collin vent about the deal.

Consider me baited.

Johnson. No question.

Next question.