1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

This is not a lie

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Good grief. This is the first season Chris Canty has ever been a full-time defensive tackle, magnus, although he did play DT in pass rushing situations last season. It's funny to see you say that it was stupid of the Giants to play him at defensive end when he had always been one. Look, nobody expects you to know everything, and it's when you pretend to that you embarrass yourself. Cullen Jenkins and Chris Canty were both DEs before this season. Your ignorance of that fact isn't a big deal, but you make excuses and lying to cover up that ignorance is rather pathetic.

Because you wish Shrapnel had done anything but make a nuisance of himself doesn't change reality. And yes, you picked the fight with me and then had it blow up in your face. You desperately need to learn when to shut up.

You're the one who got your pride hurt, not me. You're the one who looked like a dumbass for suggesting that Cullen Jenkins had only been a 3-4 DE. Then you compounded that by looking like an idiot for saying that ~300 pound DEs were rare, and that the DEs I mentioned were "mostly" 3-4 guys when all of them were 4-3. You picked a fight with me and you came out of it looking stupid. Congrats.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    >>when he had always been one.
    In the 3-4. Either way, you were able to go back to 2005 (Redding) to find a handful of players, after you had to sheepishly change up from "275+" to a more realistic range of weight, who all played end situationally at about 300 lbs. If half of the teams played 4-3, which is generous in your direction, there are two starting ends, and that's a range of seven years you used, you named, what, 7 guys out of 224 possible starting positions? Let's say each "started" well enough to be taken out or put inside when it mattered, twice so let's call it 14. And you're arguing whether or not it was rare for a 300+lb player to be a 4-3 end.

>>You're the one who got your pride hurt, not me.

We started arguing about this when I and others corrected you.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

also, so we don't lose the ball in this bitchfest shellgame:

ProFootbalFocus
    (A) stat of the week: Thru w3 Ray Edwards has rushed the passer 86 times for 6 pressures. In 2010, thru w3, he had 20 pressures on 83 rushes

They also have Johnson at 10th overall, Hardy 19th

5. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

[​IMG]

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, he was a 3-4 DE in Dallas, then Canty was a 4-3 LDE with the Giants. And I have no idea why you're talking about 2005. I only looked at this season and last season, but you're correct that Redding is a 3-4 DE, so I screwed up on that one. I looked at a depth chart that had Redding listed at LDE and Suggs at RDE, but they're obviously a 3-4.

I didn't "sheepishly change" anything. You're the one who tried to make things more specific after you were proven wrong the first time, so I showed that you were still wrong even if you limited the discussion to DEs weighing 290+.

Out of what part of your ass did you pull this notion of 2005? I was looking at DEs from this season and last season. Out of the 18 teams currently using a 4-3 as their primary defense, 8 of them have a starting defensive end near or above 300 pounds. And again, that's just counting the actual starters and not backups or guys who switch between DT & DE, nor am I counting teams that are primarily a 3-4 but also use 4-3 looks. 8 out of the 18. And that's not counting guys like Calais Campbell, Mario Williams, Cullen Jenkins, or Chris Canty who have obviously been 4-3 DEs in the past. Regardless of whatever bullshit excuses you want to make, clearly you were wrong about it being "rare." But you're a bitch who can't admit when he screws up.

No, actually we didn't. When you and Captain Morgan corrected me about Jenkins playing DT this season, I agreed that I made a mistake and should have said that. The argument started immediately after that when you followed my acknowledgement of the error by saying that the only reason Cullen Jenkins was thought of as a DE is because he played in the 3-4. That's where you showed that you had no idea he had been a 4-3 DE before Capers.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

I had to go back to 05 to make Corey Redding work. I was trying to work with you on that one. Plus, I easily did admit I was wrong about Canty last year, so you can stop whining about me not admitting wrongfulness. I think we get that it's all "magnus won't say what I want him to say". FWIW, you're slowly getting toward guys who are Jenkins' actual size, which was the fucking point, but even you acknowledged that Jenkins was over ten pounds lighter as an actual end.

also,

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

But you're still pretending that ~300 pound DEs are "rare" when I've given abundant evidence to the contrary. This argument is stupid, and I'm definitely stupid for continuing it, but it would be completely avoided if you would just be able to correct yourself. All it would have taken would have been for you to say "Oh, it's not as rare as I thought. Interesting." The irony is that I bust your balls for covering up your mistakes when I wouldn't if you just admitted them. Lord knows I make plenty myself. As noted, I fucked up by not initially noting that Jenkins is playing DT this season, and then not recognizing immediately that Redding is obviously a 3-4.

He was still over 290, for fuck's sake. Stop quibbling over bullshit.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

292 is definitely a good bit closer to 305 than that 275 nonsense you tried to stretch out. I'm sure the two lbs were worth the argument. Since we're not quibbling over bullshit, right? Two pounds must really mean a lot when it comes to playing end.

also,