1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who here really thinks....

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Ted Striker, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Ted Striker

Ted Striker ... over Macho Grande

That Collin is some kind of football expert? I dont mean an equal avid fan of the Panthers, but an anylist youd pay money to read. Im actaully being serious here. I want to once and for all settle his claim that people here value his opinion and think he is better at it than they personally are. It isnt a poll whether you like or dislike him or have a personal grudge. Ask yourself does he know what hes looking at on film, does he know how the pro game is played, does he know how to evaluate coaching/management, etc at a level higher than most people here?

My thoughts are he is average and others here are just as good or better. So a no.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. Collin

Collin soap and water

lol

3. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

for me, he can explain stuff i don't know the specifics of - specific defenses, offensive sets, 5 technique, 3 technique, strategy... and there are others here who can too. i grew up in other sports but football is my favorite to watch. between he and others i get a way better idea what is going on and why.
    i also know that when whatever it is that bothers him sometimes is bothering him, he tries to get other people bothered because it will justify to him that he should be bothered, when maybe its just an electrical storm of brain activity in certain areas of his noggin.
    you know ted, he has some problems, and you just take the fucking bait, because maybe you do too. you weren't here when mags wasn't much different. i was a total freak in the beginning because i had no idea how to act on a message board.
    basically, whatever goes on w/ collin sometimes, you can't fix it.
    whatever goes on w/ purr, you can't fix it.
    whatever goes on w/ me, you can't fix it.
    its nice you're going to battle and all, but it will get old, and we'll all still be here because we're fans, fanatics even, and we don't have to make sense.

4. Poontangler

Poontangler Full Access Member

He knows his shit, but he's arrogant, condescending, and probably doesn't have much of a social life outside of this board. There are other people on this board who are better, Magnus, Abusive, and I was also impressed with The Special One during the draft process. Collin likes to ruffle feathers too much over stupid shit and will argue even when he has to know he's wrong, but once you relize this you'll quit taking the bait and wasting you time.

5. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

This is a football message board. Half the people here are fat 16 year olds or 54 year old shut-ins.
    You only come here to skim the threads to see if there's any breaking Panthers news that someone might have found.
    Just ignore the personal crap, and all is well.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    plenty of knowledgeable people here. There would've been more, naturally.
    I'm not big on 'evaluating' posters here but it's not that I haven't made it clear that his actions hold him back.

7. Poontangler

Poontangler Full Access Member

This was not intended to be an insult, just part of the reason I couldn't read a column from Collin. He's not a writer that can relate to people. His analysts would always come across bitter like Hodge evaluating Tebow.

8. Ted Striker

Ted Striker ... over Macho Grande

Im not trying to evaluate him as a poster. Simply put, is he head and shoulders better than every one here as a football expert? This is what he constantly alludes to when referring to himself. For example, is he superior to Magnus or equal or subpar in comparison? The other question was would you pay to read him? He says hes been paid to write.

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Who the fuck cares.

Stupid thread

10. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Wait, what the the f is this?

Man...Ted, you're really showin' him now! Wooo hoooooo! GO GET 'IM, TED!!!

(in all seriousness - Ted, you've become one of the more entertaining personalities on the board)