1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Who has the best chicken sandwich?

Discussion in 'Food & Drink Forum' started by Cyberjag, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

It seems like every fast food restaurant out there has a chicken sandwich on the menu, and they all are basic imitations of Chick Filet. Which ones do you think are the best? My top three:

1. Chick Filet. Often imitated, never duplicated. Maybe their secret is the sugar in their breading, but they're still the best and when the sandwich has been heated in their foil wrapper for just the right amount of time there's just no substitute. Fuck their combos--I usually get two sandwiches and an unsweet tea and call it a meal.
    2. Zaxby's, but it has to be spicy. Usually the largest hunk of meat, and their spicy sauce has a great buffalo flavor to it. So good that I have no interest in trying their club version. They have good fries too.
    3. Popeye's. Again, you need the spicy version. When they first released their sandwich the spicy was made spicy mainly with a special sauce, and it was good enough to be #2 on the list. Their fries really suck, which I don't understand because how hard is it to make good fries?
    Surprisingly, Bojangles' kind of sucks--they use the wrong kind of bread and why would you get their sandwich when their cajun filet biscuit exists? Wendy's just isn't in the running, and KFC is always out of them so I can't weigh in on theirs. McDonalds' is totally meh, although I'm looking forward to trying the chicken Big Mac.

Any that I've missed and need to try? I don't eat these things all the time, but a good chicken sandwich is one of my favorite lunches.

2. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

The Breakfast Jam Burger from TWF Burgers was fucking spot on the other day.... minus the lettuce, tomato and pickle

upload_2022-8-23_10-46-44.png

3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Out of those 3 I'd head to Popeye's.
    Local non-national places, I like the Parkway House(Pitts Sch Rd. location) buffalo chicken sandwich and the Brooklyn Pizzeria buffalo chicken sandwich.
    I'll never turn down a Chick-fil-a sandwich.
    Not that much of a fan of chicken tenders sandwiches, i.e. Zaxby's, PDQ.
    It's been years since I stopped at a McDonalds or Wendy's or a BK.

4. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Zaxby's isn't a chicken tender sandwich any more, it's built like a Chick-fil-a now.

5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

1. Popeye's. I love spicy food and the pickles just add more flavor
    2. Chik filet. It's a chicken sandwich nothing more to me
    3. Bojangles is very good but not up there with popeyes
    4. Burger kings and Zaxby's. Not a fan
    5. Surprisingly enough KFC spicy chicken sandwich is good
    6. McDonald's sucks
    If you are ever in Philadelphia go to Other Half brewery and drink some of the best hazy ipas you'll ever have and have their spicy chicken sandwich with some if their homemade slaw. Fantastic

Yeah I like chicken sandwiches

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    Cyberjag likes this.
  6. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Have you had a Zaxby's spicy sandwich lately?

Looks like I gotta get me some KFC now.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Yes to zaxbys. It was sloppy but that could be due to it's preparation. I'll give it another shot