1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Well, i'm about to...

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by WYDD, Feb 20, 2002.

1. WYDD

WYDD Guest

install my new video card. Never done much like this before on my computer, so i'll tell you all in advance... I'm gonna miss talking to you guys for a while. I hear it's not hard to do, but i could write a movie about my luck. Someone hit a homer for me in softball. :(

2. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

Just a couple of tips to help:

Always leave the power on on the computer when you start removing and installing components.

If it looks like a component will not fit somewhere, just push real hard and usually it will go in.

While you have the cover open, go ahead and rinse out all the dust with a garden hose. That will save you some grief later because that dust can build up over time and cause problems.

Let me know if you need any help.

3. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

if you have onboard video you may want to disable it and switch the jumper.

4. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

wydd you can also improve your aura/luck by placing a big magnet on the pc. magnets have wonderful healing properties.

5. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

What are you stupid Wossa? Doing that could really mess up his computer. What an idiot.

6. VOR

VOR Guest

Yeah damn you wosss.

wydd remember donot , I repeat donot wear rubbersoled shoes while working on your computer. Make sure that you wear only cotton socks and walk quickly across a nylon rug.

7. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Another tip for a faster pc is to remove the heatsink from the cpu. This will allow the cpu to "breathe" easier and will get all that cool air off of it.

8. Lainey

Lainey Guest

Hahaha...like that one.

9. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

well lets try it again...;)

Sheesh!

SORRY! I was jus tryin to hep a brutha out. I'm sure wydd would return the favor.

10. WYDD

WYDD Guest

wow, i didn't even need the new video card. I took a pitcher of kool-aid and dumped in my open tower. Then i put on my socks and walked around for 10 minutes just dragging my feet and then touched all the circuit packs in there. Man, i bet gateway feels stupid now!!!