1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Week One of WFNZ-Version 2011 is in the books . . .

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Jan 7, 2011.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, what do yall like so far? What do you guys hate?

MY ONE GRIPE: Why not air the David Glenn Show live from Noon-3p vs. on tape delay 7-10p? Drop Moose & Garcia Show (current Noon-3p); Move the guys to the rest of the WFNZ Lineup. I kinda miss COLIIN COWHERD (I always think there should be 1 national show in the lineup).

THE DRIVE: Its a different pace vs. PRIMETIME, which is good. Having 2 cohosts vs. 1 host & cohosts gives it a different pace, which is nice. QCB & Marc & Taylor seem to be getting along fine . . . .

I will assume that dropping Packman has allowed the station to get more new talent (Zarzour, James, Moose), which should help the station ratings in the long run . . .

2. chris

chris Full Access Member

They need to get rid of Marc James, QCB, Hitman, and anyone else with that old schtick.

3. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Good Job : Moose, 2 thumbs up..nice job so far.
    (unlike Frank and Buck, who sound like they've never read a book).

Horrible Job : That idiot (I don't remember his name) from the "Weekend Warriors" who tries to sound like Stephen A Smith. Simply, simply awful.

Still awful : Mac and Celania. (Love how they always harp on Celania's working streak, yet they don't count his vacations as "time-off". Idiots.)

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I can listen and enjoy any of them, but Mark James does need to take some ludes with some decaf.

5. Dbag21

Dbag21 Full Access Member

Moose is light years ahead of Buc in speaking skills, he must have actually went to class at Mich St.

6. chris

chris Full Access Member

Moose is great. Class act.

7. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I'm so glad that Marc James is out today (voice). I don't think I could listen to him very long pronouncing Cam Newton as Cam "New-uhn".

8. Sleehrat Nation

Sleehrat Nation Full Access Member

A few weeks in now, and I'd say James has a LONG way to go before he understands the Charlotte sports market. He's definitely coming in as an outsider. Zarzour is great - he handles the show great. James just appears as a goofy sidekick.

9. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

agree on Marc james. for starters TONE IT DOWN JUST A LITTLE BIT!. a loud whiny, cracking voice is no fun to listen to. and stop with the "END ALL BE ALL OVER THE TOP STATEMENTS. "this burger from 5 guy's IS-THE-BEST-BURGER-I HAVE -EVER -HAD- IN -MY- LIFE!!!

TZ does a nice job. they both should quit imitating the previous host by cutting out the phrases "are you done yet? good" univision references, and making fun of the cowboys to qcb. if you must have a shtick, make up your own. hitman now seems to keep his mouth shut for most of the show(good thing) until his 2 min segment at the end of the last hour. I still listen to the guys on 730 from 3-5. by the time you go to fnz it's clown routine time. the whiner line is so played out. female calls the show,and 15 "get in the kitchen and make me a sammich" whiners. HAHA so funny......

Frank and Moose,I love it. best show on the station so far. MM is great. Even Frank doesn't sound as dumb as before

and mac attack, I have blasted that show forever but Mac seems to have figured it out a bit. Celania needs to quit repeating himself and take that stupid sound byte machine away from him.

david glenn show, ive heard it but that time slot doesn't work. nothing like breaking down tonight's UNC/Clemson matchup for two hours when the game just ended 30 minutes ago

10. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

I think the David Glenn show is aired on tape delay . . . . Kiinda wish they would go back to ESPN Radio after 7pm on non Bobcats/Tarheels hoops nites . . .