1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

WE NEED MORE PLAYERS!!!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by panthersrule27, Apr 23, 2008.

1. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

Did I mention that my SS is also a Wizard?

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Congrats to Freakshow. His Dresden Dragons just keep right on winning and are playing in the league championship tomorrow, having already secured a spot in Western Europe Pro League. The Bluenoses and Slashers were unfortunately both unceremoniously bounced from the playoffs, with Grand Banks losing heartbreakingly on a wide receiver screen that went the distance.

If any player needs cash or a team, send me a PM. Our roster is pretty full, but I'll find a spot for anyone who needs one.

3. deserthog

deserthog Junior Member

4. MikeNinerHunt

MikeNinerHunt Fast white guy

My RB is on a team that just missed the playoffs last year, I think we were the best team not to get promoted to a higher league.

First regular season game, 5 rushes, 170 yards, 1 TD. 23 punt returns, 12 TDs, scary.

5. rotocub

rotocub like cool....only dorkier

Wow. I guess I didn't realize how serious this stuff is to some.

Some guy posted a guide for player builds in a team forum for one of my guys a while back. Said it was posted in another of his team's forums and he wanted to share. I reposted just the HB build in another team forum a few days ago and today got a nasty message from some guy that supposedly came up with the the builds. Asked me what authority I thought I had posting his guide and demanding I go back and figure out exactly where I got it.

6. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I can see where he would angry, the team forums are for members only (outsiders can be given access) but I imagine a lot of those guides get passed around.

7. rotocub

I told him if he didn't want it shared, he might start by checking with the people he shared it with originally.

Regardless, he was a first class asshole from the first word and jumped on me like I stole it directly from him. I told him that even if I knew exactly where I got it and could help him out, he ruined any chance of that by being such a dick.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

People take shit like that too seriously. Good lord. I offered advice on how to build better AIs to people in our own conference because it's a fucking game. If you write a build guide, I would think you'd want people to read it and use it.

9. rotocub

Kinda what I was thinking too.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

The Bluenoses are struggling with the Season 7 changes while the Whitechapel Slashers got fucked by a promotion we never should have received. I'm a little frustrated with the game in general right now, but I've got some flex points lying around and I'm thinking about putting together a new team instead of using it to boost my existing players (might even retire some of them).

I went ahead and created a QB, HB, WR, DE, SS, and K to take advantage of the training points being continued through last off-season. I'm not playing them and instead will "Bundy build" them for Season 7 (just train, so my only levels will come from daily experience). They'll lose a season off their career, but I doubt I'll give a shit by then, and they'll be much better than players of the same level. I'm also on the waiting list for a Pee Wee team, so I was thinking that we could go ahead and start planning out a new team if other people want to do that.

Right now my thinking is that it's just a waste of money to boost until after you get to level 28 since you level so quickly anyway. Playing on a pee wee team should mean that we can get level 1 players up to level 13 by the end of the season, who could then play in a 13 capped new league and be around 28 by the end of their third season. I haven't bought any custom equipment for my new guys yet because you don't lose any flex points by just creating players and I don't know that I really want to go through all this bullshit again.

If it is something people are interested in, though, we could start planning to create players for Season 8. If I make any more, I'm going to wait until Day 40. We could be on my Pee Wee team for Season 8, but then someone would need to get a real team (preferably 13 capped) for Season 9. If so, I would suggest a majority-rules type situation where if the majority of people want to boost, then we boost. If the majority think we should buy custom equipment, we do, etc. This would need to be a commitment, though. Several of us have had teams for a while now, so we know how best to handle the financial side. Builds should probably be discussed as a group since I would like to see this put together in a way that every player fills a certain role, meaning we would rely on players to be built a certain way so that they play a certain way.

In any case, here's what I envisioned as a bare minimum roster:

QB: Connall Cernach (capping throwing, then vision, then actually speed)
    RB1: Cú Chulaind (capping speed, then strength)
    RB2: (I thought this guy could be primarily a speedy pass catcher for screens and such)
    FB: (should be a true blocker)
    C1: (run blocker)
    C2: (more balanced build to also be a backup at guard)
    LG: (should cap blocking, then strength, then agility)
    RG: (should cap strength, then blocking)
    LT: (should cap blocking, then agility, then strength)
    RT: (should cap blocking, then strength, then agility)
    BOT: (backup tackle should copy the LT build)
    TE1: (pass catcher)
    TE2: (pure blocker)
    WR1: Lóegaire Búadhach (capping agility, then speed, then catching)
    WR2:
    WR3:
    WR4:

NT: (should cap strength, then maybe tackling, vision, and agility in some order)
    DT: (should cap strength, agility, and speed in some order)
    BDT: (should copy the DT's build)
    LDE: Súaltaim mac Róich (capping speed, then agility, then strength)
    RDE: (should cap speed, agility, and strength in some order)
    BDE: (should copy the RDE's build)
    LOLB: (should probably cap speed and agility first to cover TEs)
    MLB: (I honestly don't know the best build for a MLB)
    ROLB: (probably speed and agility here too)
    BLB: (maybe copy the MLB to be more balanced)
    CB1: (cap speed, then agility, then vision)
    CB2: (ditto)
    CB3: (ditto)
    CB4: (ditto)
    FS: (cap speed, then vision, then agility)
    SS: Scáthach n Uanaind (capping speed, then vision, then probably tackling)
    BS: (backup should probably copy the free safety)

I think that's actually a good bare bones roster for everyone to get maximum playing time. I created a new Kicker, but honestly Ks & Ps can be filled perfectly well by CPU players. I also think that the team can probably do fine with CPU players handling most special teams duties since we don't want to burn a lot of energy on that but no one wants to make special teams players. If this is something other people are interested in then I think we ought to start organizing soon. As noted, I would like it to be a majority-ruled TBR team, although it would have to be owned by someone. And I feel like we'd have to make an individual commitment to boost if the majority of people want to boost, since it's hard on teams when some players boost and some don't.