1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Watson

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

As far as we know, Watson doesn't really want to be here, which is an important detail since he has a no trade clause. So the team is basically taking a huge PR hit in vein. You're getting all of the backlash without any of the payoff. I know this because over the past two days, I've had non-football fans asking me why the Panthers are trying to trade for a rapist. And I'm just forced to stand there like "meh...IDK..." since I have no morally coherent response or defense for the team I've poured my heart and soul into.

Anyway, they just kicked half of Pat Elflein's fatass salary down the road, and the Panthers are now $30 million under the cap. Obviously, they're going to try to trade for a QB, so you have to look at guys who don't have a no trade clause protecting them from this shithole organization. As far as I know, this list includes Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr.

Carr is becoming an interesting one. With Russ joining Denver, the Raiders might be persuaded into trading Carr instead of giving a massive deal to the 4th best QB in their division. In the NFC South, though, he'd suddenly be the best QB in a division, probably by some distance. And this is what Rhule really needs to have a shot at keeping his job.

But the Panthers are cuckolds, so it seems more likely to me that Tampa gets Carr and we get Kirk Cousins, who begrudgingly plays one season in Charlotte before signing another big deal somewhere else in '23. Basically, it will be a more pathetic version of Favre's one season with the Jets.

2. rake

rake Need one of these

with or without watson carolina will have a new staff after the 22 season and be in total rebuild mode . .. unfortunately they will have the same owner

see ya panthers (& the nfl)

will be switching my focus to college football

. . .. might need therapy and some type of med to "get clean"

3. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I'm sure Bull Moose has more of a feel on these but my guess is Tepper won't settle for a Carr/Cousins he wants the Franchise QB those guys aren't it and he can let Rhule fail with Darnold and find a new coach from Fitterer's picks (Dan Quinn?) with better cap situation all his draft picks and the 2020 class just entering their prime years.

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Tepper is just football blind.

Collin likes this.
  5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Saints, Seahawks and Panthers seem to be the most likely landing spots. If the saints are truly in how would Watson turn them down. They are a LOT better option

6. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

7. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

It’s nothing short ludicrous to even utter the words 3 first round picks plus other players on their rookie contract for Watson. Surely this is smoke from Carolina as they move forward with a reasonable strategy that doesn’t involve mortgaging several years of potential progress.

Collin, brandonray99 and PantherPaul like this.
  8. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

surely this couldn't be a negotiation tactic.

I'm not expecting much in the way of reasonable strategy when your experience as a cook is the winning closer in your job interview to run the most visible part of a multi billion dollar enterprise.

Collin and brandonray99 like this.
  9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Please just trade back and get an Offensive tackle and the Cincy QB

brandonray99 likes this.
  10. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

The Saints are the most interesting team because they can trade multiple starters while opening up cap space, and probably still have an okay roster at the end, since they're drafted exceptionally well in recent years. And then Houston can quickly go from one of the league's worst rosters to playoff contender.

Also, the PR hit for the Saints is probably lighter since the media has an evangelical worship of New Orleans ever since Hurricane Katrina.