1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Wanny to resign today!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by McFly41, Nov 9, 2004.

1. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

who did i say was a shitty coach? no one that i can recall. anyway, what's your point. any time you can upgrade you should - and wanny would be an upgrade.

2. bkfountain

bkfountain Full Access Member

his players already bailed on him. Plus its cheaper to fire the HC than it is to cut all the shitty players that led to the 1 win season.

3. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

Should Washington fire Gibbs because they aren't playing up to their preseason expectations?

4. bkfountain

who even mentioned gibbs?

Oh it was you...

5. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

I don't think a lot of people in this area (except the Miami fans) understand why Wanny is getting fired. Even with 10-6 records the last two seasons, Miami has missed the playoffs. Two Offensive Coordinators (Norv Turner and can't remember the other person's name) has basically been ran off from Miami because Wanny always sticks his nose in the playcalling. Third, Wanny has done an absolutely terrible job with the QB's in Miami. He basically told first ballot hall-of-famer, Dan Marino, that he had no spot for him on the team, so Marino retired instead of Wanny cutting him. Then you take the revolving door of QB's since Marino. Jay Fiedler, AJ Feeley, Brian Griese. Neither one of these guys have done a thing in Miami but instead of going out and getting a big name free agent QB or a good QB in the draft, they end up spending a 2nd round pick on someone like AJ Feeley, who absolutely sucks.

The countdown to Wanny leaving has been about two years in the making, even after last season, the front office gave Wanny a two year extention, it was still only a matter of time before he was gone.

All of this leads up to this year's diaster, starting with Ricky Williams retirement, to David Boston's season ending knee injury, and anything else that could go wrong has in Miami.

FYI: Here's a link to the press conference which begins at 11 am (real player required)

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3569

6. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

i don't know, i don't really follow washington. from what i understand their d is playing pretty good. for his credentials, if it was up to me, i'd give him 3 years to right that ship. i would probably, again if it was up to me, suggest it may be time to give someone else a crack at throwing the ball.

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Gibbs will have them turned around before too long. I think they will finish this season strong.

8. bkfountain

Gibbs' fault lies with starting Brunell even though he blows ass..it's time to go to Ramsey.

9. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

I'm not sure Ramsey is the answer either. Every bit I've seen of Ramsey since last season hasn't been impressive. Still trying to get over the Spurrier mind meld I guess. Anywho, I think they just have to scrape by this season and try to sign Drew Brees in the offseason.

But they really are only a legit QB away from being a contender. Jake could win a SB with this team.

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I think Joe wants an OL before he throws Ramsey to the wolves. I never understood giving Brunell all that do re mi in the first place.