1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Transformers - the movie

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by wossa, May 21, 2007.

1. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I always thought those "cartoons" were some of the stupidest, lamest shows around - but the commercial/trailer I saw tonight looked pretty cool. I hated sitting through those when the kids had to watch.

Wonder what will be next - a cool version of the Power Rangers?

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i was going to avoid transformers -- a bit behind my time -- but it did look kind of neat.

3. Trace

Trace Full Access Member

I thought they were good guys in the old cartoons. This looks like they are bad aliens.

4. patsfansince85

patsfansince85 Yes, really!

I grew up with the cartoons, so let me try and shed some light here. The good guys were called the autobots and the bad guys were called decepticons. The big Mack truck you see was the leader of the good guys.

As a guy who grew up with the Transformers, I guess the thing that bothers me with this movie is that they already have done a full-length movie with the cartoon version. I'm really not into seeing it because I didn't think the Transformers have been relevant for about 20 years anyhow.

What does entice me to see the movie is to see Shia LaBeouf who is going to be the new Indiana Jones. I've seen him on Disney with some kids show five years ago or something, but he was playing some jokester. I'm curious to see him in something more mature to see how he will handle Indiana Jones.

5. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

The jets were cool. Megatron was kinda of useless. When he was a gun nothing you could really do with him.

Old Megatron
    [​IMG]

New Megatron
    [​IMG]

6. Trace

Trace Full Access Member

So what do the new ones 'transform' into? The old ones used to use 'parts' of say, a car to make a robot. The new ones look like they just morph into stuff.

7. Ice Man

Ice Man Full Access Member

This movie looks to be badass, I grew up with these toys and cartoons. They've changed the designs which I have no problem with, some of the characters were lame toys and there were size issues as well. No way a gun or cassette player can turn into a 20ft tall robot. The cool thing is that they at least brought in the original voice for Optimus Prime.

Check out the new trailer on yahoo
    http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Transformers/1808716430;_ylt=AsP1IG74arLsoUyv378HvJFfVXcA

8. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Full Access Member

As an Aunt who has nephews ages 7 and 8, I can tell you the Transformers have been relevant again for a couple of years now.

They still have cars, and airplanes and things that morph into robot fighters.

9. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!! WAY TMI DUDE!

10. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

It hurt my heart to see this, that's not Megatron- what is it? The only movie I've ever cried while watching was the original Transformers movie when Optimus Prime died. sigh.