1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 16 Active NFL QB's...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Big Red, Aug 19, 2014.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Individual stats
    23rd in yards passing
    9th in TD passes
    25th in completions

16th in yards passing
    9th in TD throws
    19th in completions

Granted the offense may not have shown what he is capable but still

2. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

got numbers on attemps/att % vs the competition?

3. PantherPaul

Not trying to be a smart ass but I got #'s from nfl.com

4. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

yeah, im in the middle of something just thought you may have em but left them out. its ok

5. PantherPaul

Lol I actually sitting in my car getting a car wash other use I would[​IMG]

6. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

7. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Surprised to see Foles and Kap above Cam. Foles had a fantastic year but I firmly believe he's a product of Chips system. No way he matches that TD to INT ratio again. Losing DJ hurts too.

Getting tired of the Luck doing it all by himself talk. Wayne and Hilton are studs and Allen and Fleener have awesome potential. They've surrounded him with targets since day 1. They added Nicks this year, a guy most Panther fans saw as a #1/#2 option here for Cam. They even traded for Trent Richardson to help the run game. Lucks a great talent for sure but not top 5 for me. Plus, their D was ranked higher than their O last year too.
    That team has been overhauled since Painter was in there.

Cam still lacks a speed guy since we let Ginn walk and Underwood likely gets cut. KB13 looks beastly tho.

8. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

He sort of is, though, at least to this point. Wayne was hurt last year, their line sucks ass, and Richardson has been god awful. Dwayne Allen was also out for most of the season. Hilton is a nice player, but he's pretty much all Luck had to throw to in 2013. And while their defense was indeed a little better last year (a lukewarm 20th), it was pretty god awful for most of Luck's rookie season.

Compared to what Cam has had: Two first round running backs, Tolbert, Olsen, Steve Smith, a top 10 defense in 2012 and a top 2 defense in 2013.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  9. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

I'm not trying to get into a Cam doesn't have enough talent around him debate but we all know Stu has missed a lot of time the last two years.
    You can say he and 34 are 1st rounders but so were Richardson and Donald Brown. Reggie Wayne missed half the season yes but he was on target for another 1000 yard season. He had 1300 Lucks rookie year and they also had Avery then too. Hilton had 1000 yards last year and Fleener progressed from his rookie year and chipped in 600. Smitty had 750 and he almost played a whole season. Olsen was our leading receiver barely hitting 800.

Yes he did a great job keeping them going when Allen and Wayne went down with guys like Whalen and Rogers producing/developing late but I just don't buy this idea that they don't have talent. They actually have a lot of young developing players and they could be down right scary if they all stay healthy. This year they'll have 3 WR capable of hitting 1000 yards each if they all stay healthy. Plus they drafted Moncrief with their second pick too. Remember that Fleener and Allen were the top 2 TE's coming out the year they drafted Luck, they snagged both. We didn't even have a 2nd the year we took Cam.

That defense last year was ranked 9th in scoring last year, pretty respectable. Lucks rookie year they were 21st. Cams rookie year, ours was 27th and earned it.

And while many consider that Oline ass they were ranked 15th in run blocking right behind the Panthers, however their pass protection was actually much higher, they were ranked 6th conceding only 32 sacks while the Panther ranked 25th, conceding 43. They've invested in youth there too. Costanzo was a 1st rounder, Mewhort was a 2nd this year. Holmes was another highly rated C from USC like Kalil and the other G was a 3rd too I believe, they also traded for Cherilus who was originally a 1st rounder himself. We're starting 2 UDFA at both T spots.

10. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

With Luck, I think he is a better than decent QB, but doesn`t make me have to like the bastard.
    Sport hate runs long and deep.
    He could be all world and bring his team back from behind all 16 games, but he would still look like shit from a sick Chihuahua in my eyes.

Fucker...