1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 10 Charlotte golf courses according to espn

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by DaveW, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

Yeah...God knows you wouldn't want to post that. Sorry I asked.

2. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Whatever. I've got enough problems with some idiots on this board trying to stalk me. You think I'm going to just volunteer up information at your request? Fuck off if that offends you.

3. Golden Hammer

It doesn't offend me...I think you're a bit paranoid. Again, sorry I asked.

4. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

dont know about the skybrook thing. I was at Birkdale the day it was taken over. The guys at the front counter were acting like someone had died. I asked them what the deal was and they told us they just been bought an hour ago. really sucks because I live 5 minutes from Birkdale. Playing golf is almost more than a hassle than its worth now. Havent picked up a club since last july.

5. Golden Hammer

Golf in Charlotte is like the NBA...high price and not a great product in most cases. I live on Regent Park, and they are getting $70 on the weekend. I like the course, but it ain't a $70 course.

Companies like IRI and American Golf are bleeding the courses dry and not re-investing in the property. I worked for American Golf for a few years...they are leeches.

6. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

It took Solarte a couple of weeks to play a round at Quail Hollow!

7. 49erpi

IRI is a joke. They treat their employees like shit and don't care about the course. It is nothing but a golf factory to them. They don't give a shit about the customer once they have their money and some of the stuff I have heard from their front office is sickening.

I know 2 Supers that have worked for them and IRI slashed their budgets and made them only do the bare minimum to keep the courses playable. To a Super, the course is your resume and when it goes downhill on your watch, you are screwed trying to get another job.

8. 49erpi

You must have missed the thread where the king moron of this board paid for and posted information that he thought was my home, wife and business. Stupidity and misinformation prevailed, however the attempt was creepy and sad.

9. Golden Hammer

IRI is bad. American Golf may be the worst. I worked for them for a year or so, and they ripped off the players. They never posted their rates in the clubhouse or on the web, so if you could upcharge a customer, you did. They also would squeeze the vendors for giveaway balls for package deals, then charge the customer the package rate and not give them the sleeve of balls. The employees were instructed to move a sleeve of balls from the Free inventory over to the rack everytime we made a package upsale. I felt horrible doing it, so I stopped upsaling the packages and just charged whatever the rack rate was supposed to be.

10. Golden Hammer

I did miss it. Who is the king moron of this board?? That's a pretty serious distinction....there are some serious runner-ups.