1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Tom 'T.C.' Carey leaves WFNZ

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by QC REPRESENT, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Uncle Mingo

Uncle Mingo Slippy

Is that dumbass still doing a show on WTVI or wherever?

2. boone

boone Junior Member

Have you all noticed that the MSP guys are taking some pretty thinly veiled shots at PrimeTime lately? I've heard Gary, Celenia and the boys sort of mockingly use the term "no disrespect" (one of Jackass-man's favorite expressions) on numerous occasions. A day or two they started making cracks about "whacky radio bets". Another worn out Primetime tradition. I've even noticed Penner and Mac's little speech about "we don't do topics, fill-in-the-blanks, lists, etc. Could that be a shot too?????

3. cddc

cddc ROOKIE TEE BALL COACH

You know, Pack is always saying how "the listeners are what drives the show..."

Well, I think it's about time "the listeners" tell Packman how his ego along with QCB and Hayseed have totally ruined what used to be a really good show. I get sick of the "calling you outs" and the "frisbee-catching dogs" and the "I kid you nots" and the "Hey (fill in the blank) you suck" and Duke this and Carolina that.

Yes, I know I could just turn the station, but I guess I'm just niaive enough to think that his above average co-hosts might, just might not get sucked into still another "good old-fashioned hate fest" with Mike from Gastonia and Mark from Charlotte, you know..."The M & M Boys" and Robert from Kings Mountain "What?!"

It's pretty bad when the only 5 callers on the show have just as much of a schtick as the hosts.

The whiner line needs about 100 calls of just "Hey Pack! your show is a shell of it's former self, we've had enough of the QCB and Hayseed. How about intelligent conversation about what we all know and love and less junior high antics."

I now relinquish my soapbox and I think I can cancel my therapy this week.

4. chuckrichey

chuckrichey they're back!

tried that for 5 consecutive days and never sniffed the airwaves.....they play what they want to hear

5. cddc

Maybe a coordinated phone blitz?

6. gerryv

gerryv Sptscaster&Tlk Show Host

You guys sound a lil antsy!!

You guys are sounding a lil uptight lately.Everyone OK??
    Just thought i'd say hello and see how the Queen City is doing.
    Hope everyone is well!! :xyzthumbs

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  7. cddc

Same old, Same old...

No competition to keep the old ego in check. How's NO? Not too much flooding from the hurricanes I hope.

8. gerryv

gerryv Sptscaster&Tlk Show Host

All Is well!!

Doing fine!.....afternoon drive 4-7pm on the all sports station..sports radio 1280 wodt...plus still doing the NBA and covering the Saints....things are going well....re-tweaked the show having fun! Hope all goes well for you guys this season with the Bobcats and the Panthers!!!

9. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

SDS is going to have an orgasm since you posted....

10. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

When the listeners become the feature entertainment you get bad radio. I could care less what the chicken bone throwing Nascar rednecks and ubonic speaking bling-bling wearing brothers have to say. Hell I can get that at the local diner. Both groups go hand in hand with Packer, Queer City Bastard and Fatgayseed.

I would rather hear an intelligent host converse with intelligent co-hosts and guest.