1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Tigers nearing deal to get Cabrera and Willis

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by LRBaseballer, Dec 4, 2007.

1. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

Tigers set to acquire Cabrera, Willis from Tigers

The Tigers and Marlins are hammering out the final details on an eight-player trade that would send third baseman Miguel Cabrera and left-handed starter Dontrelle Willis to Detroit for a left-hander Andrew Miller, outfielder Cameron Maybin and four other prospects.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Fox Radio confirms it is a done deal

3. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

The deal is a big one that depends on Dontrell Willis IMO. If he is the kind of pitcher he had been prior to 2007, the Tigers may be able to challenge the Red Sox in the AL. Mayben and Miller will be cornerstones for the Marlins as they try to survive in South Florida.

4. woody26

woody26 Full Access Member

Sad Day for marlins fans, trading away both of your franchise players together in a deal for 6 players. I know that Miller and Maybin are Detroit's top prospects but i mean come on, it just seems like we could've gotten more if we wouldve traded them seperately. I expected Cabrera to be dealt but not Willis,atleast not until trade deadline.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I don't think so. Maybin is better than anyone Anaheim or anyone else was offering for Cabrera. He has superstar potential and fills Florida's most glaring defensive hole in centerfield. Plus, Dontrelle Willis isn't that great a pitcher. He's gotten a lot of media coverage because of his engaging personality and funny windup, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Andrew Miller has better stats in '08, and that's even though I've long said that Miller isn't as good as his hype. I think Florida did pretty well here, considering how much money they're saving.

6. bkfountain

bkfountain Full Access Member

how fucking stupid. They'll have what, a 10 million dollar payroll next year?

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Part of that is justified by the fact that their attendance has sucked ass, even in their World Series winning years.

8. T_Schroll

T_Schroll Full Access Member

which is why the present ownership continues to rape the roster in order to justify moving the team at some point.

9. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

Going to have to move at some point it seems. They've never drawn that well even though they have won 2 championships and a new ballpark just doesn't look like that's going to happen. Still, where are they going to move to? There really aren't many places that can support MLB left in the country that I can think of off hand other than Vegas.

10. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

That's the spot. They would get a new stadium in less than a heartbeat.