1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The truth at Clemson

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by wolfpacknation, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Full Access Member

Please don't. You've presented good opinions, and this is one of the better debates on TBR. My heart says one thing, my head another. I'm really having a hard time.

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

to say that he's never heard of a bowden doing anything good for anyone is ridiculous.

3. wolfpacknation

wolfpacknation Full Access Member

Stupid comment by me was deleted.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

This is just one of thousands:

Houston Texans guard Milford Brown experienced that same people-first mentality when he played at Florida State. After transferring from East Mississippi Junior College, Brown started all 12 games his junior season for the Seminoles. But before his senior year, the NCAA ruled him ineligible because of a mix-up in credit transcripts.

Unable to play, Bowden allowed Brown to occupy a scholarship position as he stayed at school to work out. Luckily, the Texans soon took Brown in a supplemental draft.

The generosity Bowden extended made a big impression on Brown, though.

"That goes to show you what kinda heart he has," Brown said. "Even though I was done with football, he wanted me to stay and get a good education."

5. wolfpacknation

You know what, you guys are correct. I shouldn't have said what I said about the Bowden's. I don't know them personally so it's unfair of me to judge them. I'm just bothered by the situation with Clemson right now because I see it happening all too frequently in college sports. It happens in football, it happens in baseball and sometimes in basketball. I just don't like to see it happen. I also don't like players doing stuff like that to schools, so it goes both ways. So I apologize for saying they haven't done anything for anyone. But I still do not agree with the situation at Clemson.

Edit: But Braves, "thousands" might be a bit of an exaggeration.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

alright, now you did it. I'll have to post the next 999 :biggrin:

7. wolfpacknation

HAHA! I'll be waiting patiently!

8. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

He got a degree, whats the problem here? Players get shooed away all the time.

9. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

He had 2 years of eligibility left and was used as a PR machine by Tommy Bowden. Once Clemson was able to shore up the RB position, they told him to fuck the fuck off. AFTER it hit the press, he was given a GA position that would pay tuition and books only. TBowden also told the media that RR could handle the responsibilities of football and academics, yet the kid is graduating in 3 years with honors.

10. Carrboro Panther

Carrboro Panther Full Access Member

Man Clemson sucks. Why waste your time rooting for that team?:mixed-smiley-045: