1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The truth at Clemson

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by wolfpacknation, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

Good for them! That'll help their 32nd rated class of 2007...the one that includes 4* Dwight Jones...that didn't qualify...again. :xyxthumbs:

2. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

If Ray-Ray didn't play for Clemson @ all, how much money do you suppose would be in the trust fund for his brother?

Sorry to sound so cold, but there's lots of "using" in college athletics. This guy got a shitload of publicity for his bro and a degree. He was gonna ride the pine this year. If he wants to further his football career, he can transfer. I'm just not that sympathetic. Put it this way, if Ray-Ray was bagging groceries and taking care of his little brother - you'd never have heard of him.

As for recruiting/repercussions? No one will give a shit about Ray-Ray if Clemson goes 10-1 and wins the ACC this year. I doubt they'll give a shit if Clemson goes 6-5. Boosters want wins and recruits will say "I'm not Ray-Ray. I'm better."

3. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

WTF???? Bowden paraded this kid around like he was his pimp. You talk about GOOD publicity? They recruit him out of HS as an RB. Tell him they're thin at Safety...he agrees to move...they get thin at RB last year...he moves AGAIN. Now they recruit 2 new RB's and toss his ass on the curb. TB says RayRay has too much on his plate, yet he expects to graduate in 3 years with honors. Bullshit. Bowden got the press he wanted to help recruiting...so now FUCK RAY RAY and his brother. We don't need them.

Big article in the AJC about this today. Same for The State where TB refused to comment. James Davis has even said it's fucked up, but he isn't allowed to talk.

4. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

Yes. And now he's expendable. So he's gone. BFD.

Maybe all the outraged folks can contribute to the trust fund.

5. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

32 overall due to amount of scholarships. #17 ranked of quality of player. D Jones still has time to qualify. :xyxthumbs:

6. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

Read that Dwight is definetly JUCO bound. He also fell from a 5* to a 4*.

And yes, I know recruiting rankings are pretty subjective. I'm just fucking with you.

7. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Full Access Member

I haven't decided how I feel about the whole thing. Most everyone knows I'm not a Bowden fan, however I don't think he paraded the kid around. The media caught wind of the story and ran with it. Did Bowden allow them to in order to get exposure? Of course he did. Most every coach would.

Freakshow, most teams have to move people around. Syvelle Newton at USC and Antwan Black at UNC are both prime examples of this. Ray Ray received a free education and also has the chance to go to grad school. Had they decided not to renew his scholarship before he graduated, I would be infuriated. As it is, I just think it is a bad PR move.

8. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

didnt bowden tell him he would never play? shit like this happens every day...except they dont get to keep their scholarship. be happy.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Man, y'all some cold hearted folks. I'm not naiieve, I know how it works. But damn, people throw around the commitment word as it only applies to the athletes.

WW mentioned it was a horrible PR decision. What price would you apply for that blunder? A scholarship? or much, much more.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  10. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

he's graduated, right?